New rims?- Mtbr.com

Thread: New rims?

Caveman

New rims?

Does anyone know where I can find 200mm rims?
    I tried speedway and chain reaction but no luck.
    offset, single wall, drilled out, 28 hole, anodized purple.

anyone?

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

try Mesotony

You should talk to Mesotony. I think he's spot welded his Remolinos, but left about a 1" gap between them. He's running twin Endomorphs and it looks cool! Its kinda like duelies on one of those bigarse pickups that routinely try to run me down on Elmore.

Oh wait, his rims are red. Sorry dude Oh well, good luck with your search.

Ak29
    Singletrack Advocates Anchorage, Alaska
    Susitna 100 "Race Across Frozen Alaska"

Fatback
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearbait
    Does anyone know where I can find 200mm rims?
    I tried speedway and chain reaction but no luck.
    offset, single wall, drilled out, 28 hole, anodized purple.

anyone?
    We've got them in stock! Tubeless. Topless. You name it. I use them for forming curbs, so they should withstand all the hucking.
    Speedway Cycles owner http://fatbackbikes.com

mtbr member

RedRim RedRim

AK29....sure, casually cast your dispersions on the RedRims.... just remember backwards its Mirder...Mirder...

good thing its not a fixie and I can't ride backwards...
    "I get a buzz from being cold and wet ~ the pleasure seems to balance out the pain" - Blue, Red and Grey The Who By Numbers

Caveman
    Planning on sewing together 2 endomorphs.
    The problem is that I need a 280mm spaced rear hub, luckily Dylan knows his way around a lathe and bearing press so that is in the bag.

So next up is the frame to handle such obesity. Mikesee told me that I was out of my gord, the fatback isnt fat enough and even Surly disowned me, so the obvious solution is to use copper tubing and plumbing fittings.
    The rolling resistance should provide enough heat that the copper lugged frame will act as a radiator, and I'll be able to ride mostly naked in even the coldest of temps.
    So I guess that brings us back to rims - ok, ok I'll take anodized citrus and I'll step it down to 180mm.

Please help - I really just want to ride my bike on snow.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    i'd suggest that you drill out some small holes in the tubing. then you can fill a grease gun with melted butter and inject it inside your tubing. the heat you generate while riding will keep it from freezing and then when you need calories you can just unscrew a little valve and hold a bagette, or your mouth, under the tubing for a nice snack.

Caveman
    yes! taking the MC pipe bomb concept to the next level - a frame that melts butter. you could run a tube from the bottom that would pipe hot butter through a bin of oats and brown sugar on your handlebars and be good to go for weeks.

Neve_r_est
    Butt butter.

Copper: rust resistant, compliant, you could repair it with a roll of solder and your penny stove, whats not to like?

You should lace those wheels up to a gearhub or two and don't forget the Hammerschmitt to complete that perfect build....

@adelorenzo
    These bad boys come in 26" size... 9.5" width should get a nice profile with a large marge or six mounted on it... For clearance, just wedge the rear triangle apart a little bit with a 2x4.

Members who have read this thread: 0