New to MTB- Mtbr.com

Thread: New to MTB

mtbr member
    Jul 2015

New to MTB

Hi. I just recently purchased a HT MTB and am new to this whole aspect of bike riding. I live around ER/Peters Creek area.

I purchased a Scott Scale 970 from Alaska Velo Sport.

take care and maybe I will see you out and about one day.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    The peters creek trail into CSP is a good ride to explore right in your area. Not particularly technical but it is a decent trail for getting into backcountry. Just watch out, further out it gets very overgrown with cow parsnip late in summer and plenty of signs of bears.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Thanks. I learned about the bike park in Palmer to learn on. Got lots to learn.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayJay View Post
    The peters creek trail into CSP is a good ride to explore right in your area. Not particularly technical but it is a decent trail for getting into backcountry. Just watch out, further out it gets very overgrown with cow parsnip late in summer and plenty of signs of bears.
    The downside to the Peter's Creek Trail is that it is closed to bikes beyond about the 5 mile mark.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by aklabs View Post
    Thanks. I learned about the bike park in Palmer to learn on. Got lots to learn.
    The Palmer bike park is a great learning location. As is the trail system out of MatLake SRA. Also, the Government Peak Recreation Area single track trails are now open to the public with a lower loop that is nice and flowy and geared towards beginning riders with the upper loop having some jump lines and other features to master as you build your skills. Some great riding in the Valley for you to check out.

This Friday night Valley Mountain Bikers and Hikers will be hosting a Moonlit Miles ride from 6 to 10 with the first two hours being trail work and the second being riding. A great way to meet other riders in the area, learn some of the trails, and get tips/advice from other riders. Check it out.

New to MTB-1-august-mm.jpg

Members who have read this thread: 0