Jan 2004

Nope

The name has two e's and one w.

May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rio

So does "New Bike Shop"

mtbr member
    I wish the new shop good luck, but can't help but wonder if Anchorage already has enough shops. For a small town with limited riding and a short season we sure do have a lot of shops. Rumor is there is also another big shop that may show up in Anchorage as well.
    REI, Paramount, RTR, Sunshine, Bike Shop, Pain Reaction, Mtb Source. We (don't really) Bike, and now 2 more. Dang, that a lot of shops.

HowtoOverthrowtheSystem
    Jan 2004
    I wish those Big Shops would stay out. They only hurt the little guys.

ABC Rec Div / STA Trails

Not neccesarily too many shops.. just concentrated and not spread out.

I know this discussion came up before.. but I am not sure it is neccesarily too many bike shops.. but the fact they are concentrated over two areas in town. South Anchorage, and then around REI.

There are no shops anywhere on the east side of town (RTR is the exception, but isn't a store front shop for the common consumer) nor is there any in Eagle River (not even a box store there).

If I recall right.. since Wildfire closed his doors there is only one shop for the Matsu too.

I realize that there are economic benefits to concentrate the stores so they can feed off of each others business.. and I don't know where the other one is opening.. but I wouldn't mind seeing another shop on the east side.

On our short riding season.. yeah.. I totally agree that we have a very short one.. and that is the only thing I see perhaps see as an issue with another shop.. knowing when I buy all of my crap.. isn't it a little late in the season to be opening up a shop (unless it is going to sell more than bikes). Being it may take a while to catch on I would think it might be hard to survive through the winter. If I were to open a storefront I would think late February or early March would be the optimal time to open up.

All said I hope the new shop finds its niche and does well.

Christopher

Diaskeuast
    Quote Originally Posted by rio
    Personally, I hope it'll be called "Pee Wee's," but how about giving us the name now so that the rest of us will know what's going on? Where will the new shop be, and how certain is it?

As for the existing shops being unevenly distributed, I see Christopher's point, but from where I sit, I think that's a situation that has improved rather than worsened. Until Paramount moved south a few years ago all the Anchorage shops were in the Midtown area. South Anchorage was overdue for a couple of shops.
    Enjoying the meaningful pursuit of meaningless fun.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    LOL!!! Limited riding ? short season ? You need to expand your horizons a bit guys,mountain biking is the only outdoor sport in Alaska I have found that I can enjoy all year long.Winter biking rocks !! no such thing as bad weather, just bad gear.

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Cool-blue Rhythm Small shop

building size anyway ------ find the 2007 Sog Bot poster on the store front door find the shop

Quote Originally Posted by daveIT
    I wish those Big Shops would stay out. They only hurt the little guys.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Ummm, Title Wave Bikes?

mtbr member

hmmm - a song, two e's, and a w

Qweens /Bicycle/Fat Bottom Girls?
    Last edited by Mesotony; 07-19-2009 at 07:14 PM.
    "I get a buzz from being cold and wet ~ the pleasure seems to balance out the pain" - Blue, Red and Grey The Who By Numbers

Feb 2006
    short season ? You need to expand your horizons a bit guys,mountain biking is the only outdoor sport in Alaska I have found that I can enjoy all year long.Winter biking rocks

---
    um, you realize that pbasinger rides more in the winter than all of us combined in the summer?
    I believe he's referring to the sad majority of anchorage folks who drive to work 5 days a week and drive to the trailheads as well..

hey, Pete, when does your great divide race start?

HowtoOverthrowtheSystem
    Jan 2004
    I heard a rumor thet Pete was sleeping in an altitude tent at the top of Mount Everest in preparation for the GD race. Is he going to break mikesee's record or is he going for Kent Peterson's singlespeed record? Tune in June 15th to find out!

http://greatdividerace.com/index.html

Ologist
    "Wheels in the sky" - you know from that Journey song.

Dam!! They don't music like that anymore!!

Wood chips are stupid

Good luck

Another bike shop. Cool. That just gives us(all mt bikers) another reason to get out and help build more trails for all the new bikes. Thanks Janice!

akdeluxe
    "Trust me,you don't want a big baby."

JT

Members who have read this thread: 0