new to ak!- Mtbr.com

Thread: new to ak!

bothfeetonthepedals
    Sep 2010

new to ak!

hi there i just moved up to anchorage and am looking for some good places to ride im especially interested in any good downhill spots, ive been told about hilltop ski area, and was up at the arctic valley race on sunday, if anyone has some other spots that they dont mind sharing it would be greatly appreciated, ive heard about alyeska being great and a few people have mentioned some dome place? not sure on that one, but any spots would be great!

mtbr member
    May 2010
    The Dome is the sickness. 2500' descent. It's some work to get to the top but so worth it on the way down. When can you ride? I'm thinking about heading up this maybe thurs or friday, I'm still pretty dang sore from the race.

bothfeetonthepedals
    Sep 2010
    sounds like a pretty sweet place man, i appreciate the invite but im actually gonna be moving into my apartment thurs/fri but def drop me a message if you or anyone else you know is down to ride in the future, im hoping to have my DH bike and myself..lol ready in time for alyeska on the 19th.

Ologist
    Yeah, the dome is pretty awesome. Try Flat top to Powerline, to Grasslands, to South Rim, to LLama , and down the STA trails.

Make sure you get the proper military lands recreational permits in get on military land to avoid hefty fines and possible banishment. They have been really strict about the whole deal and require a background check now!

mtbr member
    May 2010
    No background check required. Just got to the fort rich visitors center at the main gate fill out the paper on the clipboard. Show your license and get your recreational access pass that's good for 1 year. It's free and takes 5 minutes.

Ologist
    Actually they did run a background check on you when you provided your driver's license. Felons cannot play on the base whether it be riding, hiking, or hunting. I am guessing that holds true for the "Do not fly list" too.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I'm gonna ride the dome tomorrow tuesday at noon hit me up if you're interested. Conditions should be epic.

bothfeetonthepedals
    Sep 2010
    thnx 4 the invite man but i gotta work. u gonna be at alyeska?

Members who have read this thread: 0