National Trails Day Project- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Good job! National Trails Day Project

Kudos to Akrose for bringing to our attention a cleanup project that we can help with on National Trails day http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=410438. Here are the details:

National Trails Day
    Saturday, June 7th
    Registration at 8:30 a.m.
    Project Begins at 9:00 a.m.
    Meet at North Bivouac Parking Lot on Basher Road

There will be a free pizza luncheon for all volunteers at 12:30 p.m. at the Campbell Creek Science Center, 68th Avenue and Elmore Road
    For more information contact 267-1247

Singletrack Advocates will once again help with a National Trails Day project in Far North Bicentennial Park. This year we will dismantle and clean up an unauthorized attempt at creating freeride stunts in an area between the Tank Trail and the Gasline to the east.

Items to bring:
    Work Gloves
    Claw Hammer or Crow Bar
    Wheelbarrow or Bob Trailer
    Water and snacks

mtbr member

Revised equipment list

I went out to the site today & there's a bit more to the project that I didn't see when there was still snow on the ground.

Besides the wooden structure, these guys were digging holes for material to make banked turns... but they did a really bad job.
    Also, the wood structure has been dismantled and is laying in a pile on the ground, nails protruding. I think Greg will still be taking a chainsaw to the mess to make it smaller so it can be hauled up to the Gasline and out to the road.

Besides the hauling, the rest of the work will be filling in postholes and holes that were dug for material to build dirt jumps. So, a few changes to the equipment list:

shovels - lots of shovels
    buckets
    garden rakes
    metal detector (if someone has one)
    I don't know how practical wheelbarrows would be, but the BOB trailers would be great. I can bring mine.
    long pants/sleeves, bug head net - or bug dope.

Please put your name on any tools so you don't lose track of anything. If you know you can make it, let us know in advance - that way we can let the BLM know how many will be there for pizza after the work is done.

Thanks everyone for your support on this project. See you there!

Members who have read this thread: 0