On my way up to Anchorage and Kenai....- Mtbr.com
    No, that's not phonetic

Good job! On my way up to Anchorage and Kenai....

Hey Alaska peeps,

I have a ferry reservation on the 13th to head up to Homer (well, the morning of the 14th). I want to camp out and ride some of the Kenai trails and then head up to Anchorage and do the same there. I have about 10 days to kill and would love to hook up with you guys for some rides, dinner, whatever. I have ridden the Kenai a little, but never really around the Anchorage area, so I am totally receptive to suggestions or enlisting you as guides. I will be bringing my Turner 5-Spot up and would be happy to loan it out for people to try. It's a large, Romic in back, Z1 SL fork, Juicy brakes, etc. I also have a Nixon Platinum equipped Turner XCE (size large) and a size small XCE I could drag along if someone is desperate for a test ride, but I am very hesitant to do that since I would have to leave them in the car when I'm out doing my own stuff and I don't want them stolen (duh).

I have two days to decide what my plans are, look at the weather, make contacts, and such. Let me know what folks are up for.

Oh, yeah, what is the fire/smoke situation up there? All fixed? Depends on wind direction?

See ya,
    Philip

Last edited by tscheezy; 09-11-2004 at 09:55 AM.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

mtbr member

Good job! Hi Philip

I'm currently in Oregon/Idaho and will be back in Anch sat the 18th. You can call me at home.....Lund on
    East 98th, or catch me at REI monday-wensday. I would love to show you around some local trails as would others on this board.
    Dave

No, that's not phonetic
    Thanks, Dave. That may work well. I will be on the Kenai for most of this week and then drive up. The weather forecast looks great. If people want to PM me with their contact info (maybe a phone number would be best since I will have limited internet access while traveling) and an idea what sort of riding they would be up for (weekend, evening after work, whatever) that would be great. I'm very flexible and open to any suggestions.

Thanks, peeps.
    Philip
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Looking

forward to meeting you. If you know what trails and when you will be riding them let me know and we can get together on your Kenai Pen. rides.
    Dave knows how to find me.
    Carlos

Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    Hey Alaska peeps,

I have a ferry reservation on the 13th to head up to Homer (well, the morning of the 14th). I want to camp out and ride some of the Kenai trails and then head up to Anchorage and do the same there. I have about 10 days to kill and would love to hook up with you guys for some rides, dinner, whatever. I have ridden the Kenai a little, but never really around the Anchorage area, so I am totally receptive to suggestions or enlisting you as guides. I will be bringing my Turner 5-Spot up and would be happy to loan it out for people to try. It's a large, Romic in back, Z1 SL fork, Juicy brakes, etc. I also have a Nixon Platinum equipped Turner XCE (size large) and a size small XCE I could drag along if someone is desperate for a test ride, but I am very hesitant to do that since I would have to leave them in the car when I'm out doing my own stuff and I don't want them stolen (duh).

I have two days to decide what my plans are, look at the weather, make contacts, and such. Let me know what folks are up for.

Oh, yeah, what is the fire/smoke situation up there? All fixed? Depends on wind direction?

See ya,
    Philip

Jun 2003

I am in, Phillip.

I am looking forward to meeting you.I will PM you with my contact info.