My journey starts tomorrow- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2006

My journey starts tomorrow

I start the Ride for Life tomorrow at 8 am. When I first told my father-in-law that I would do it with him I immediately thought to myself that I was going to die. I've never been on a ride longer than 24 miles and I sure didn't have the base miles down to do 85 the first day and a meager 45 the second. Well after talking to DaveIT about it for a couple of messages I felt a little more at ease. I rode a total of 100 miles to get ready for this event. Is it enough? Probably not but I intend to complete this damned ride come hell or high water. I'm actually looking forward to it now more as I'm typing this. I don't have a road bike for this ride so I'm just using my good old trusty mtb with slicks to get me down there. The upside to this is that a close family friend has a road bike that may fit me for $300. I don't know what brand it is but he did pay well over a $1000 for it. As a chiropractor I don't think he skimped. So I'll get to pick that up on Sunday. I'm actually looking forward to having a road bike. Enough of the babbling. I'm going to have a great ride, great food, tasty beverages, and memories to last. If you're out on the Seward...stay away from the fat kid on the Novara mtb. He's kinda squirley.

Mike

HowtoOverthrowtheSystem
    Jan 2004

How'd it go?

I bet you are a little sore today...wait until tomorrow!

I drove my tourist friends down to Seward and kept passing all the riders. I was pretty jealous since it was such a nice day and I was trapped in my Honda driving them! I hope everyone had a safe and fun ride.

I'm going to do a trip up the Talkeetna way sometime next month. I bought my mom a ticket to come up from PA, so I'll have a babysitter!

Jul 2006
    Dave they have another 45 miles to go today, from Summit too Seward. I hope it is not a miserable 45 with this rain. If you are aup for it at 10 am meet at Carrs Huffman for a ride down to Gird and back.

Members who have read this thread: 0