Moose Drewl 2 Sunday March 2 2008- Mtbr.com
    FatBike Fiend

Cool-blue Rhythm Moose Drewl 2 Sunday March 2 2008

The second annual VMBaH Moose Drewl Winter XC Race is now in the presalivation stage and it's no secretion any longer. We have high expectorations that this year's Moose Drewl race will have you winter riders slobbering in your drewl buckets. The starting gun will be discharged at 3:00 pm sharp, spewing forth slavering riders on a fluid trajectory that will take them on a flowing loop around the Wasilla Creek drainage, up hill and over dale, and finally disgorging them back at the starting line 15.6 miles later. The new groomer should ensure the trail will not be hacked up and our famous VMBaH trail lath will be in place to keep riders from being exuded off the course. If you're looking for a fun and challenging race, this one should not be a-voided.

Same course as last year, with a beginner loop and beginner division, and new this year: The Touring class for those non-competitive types who just want to ride the marked course without time keeping embarassments.

And, like last year, after race festivities and barbeque to replace lost fluids within spitting distance of the finish line. Here's a map (ignore the date in the title) and some photos from last years race to get your juices flowing.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Wildfire; 02-08-2008 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Ran out of synonyms
    Owner, Trailwerx Trails Contracting
    Palmer, Alaska
    www.trailwerx.com

This place needs an enema
    Not sure if I should be salivating at the idea or spittin' mad that I can't make it...

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Drewl

I have to double check my calendar tomorrow, I am hoping to make it.

JD

FatBike Fiend

Race Flyer, Please Print and Post

Preparations continue for the second annual running of the moose at Matanuska, so don't be a drip, come on and race, tour, or join the apres race festivities. But enough drivel, here's a flyer.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Wildfire; 02-19-2008 at 12:19 PM.
    Palmer, Alaska
    www.trailwerx.com

FatBike Fiend

Buff

Not to fart in church what with the Ultra going on now, but the Moose Drewl race course is in great shape and has a very good base even if we get a few inches of new snow before Sunday. Dallas has been hitting it with his Groomatron to get rid of the 4 wheeler ruts so it's very hard packed granular (even the moose are barely leaving tracks) with a few very short glare ice sections on the creek crossings and lots of frozen whoop-de-doos across the upper leg and the downhill. And new this year, we'll ACTUALLY BE MARKING THE COURSE with VMBaH lath and arrow plates through the labyrinth of trails out there.

As far as the apres-race festivities and debaucheries go, local rider Kevin has invited everyone over to his place (large yard, bon fire, barbeque grill, and heated garage to dry your sweaty gear). It's in the same subdivision as the race start and we'll have directions at the race start.

Frigid Bitsers? You guys in this year? Or maybe we can just borrow the FBBB and Grillzilla? We have lots of finely seasoned firewood to feed the gaping maw of the sacred barrel. Maybe we can even sacrifice a virgin or two if anyone knows any. So come on out, should be at least as fun as last year.

Hope to see everyone there.
    Last edited by Wildfire; 02-28-2008 at 10:25 AM.
    Palmer, Alaska
    www.trailwerx.com

Diaskeuast
    I'm a Frigid Bits clown who plans to be out there for the "touring division" ride. I've barely ridden all month, so I need the exercise. Besides, I missed the fun last year and I don't want to make that mistake two years in a row.
    Enjoying the meaningful pursuit of meaningless fun.

Mar 2007

I'm In

We had a great time out there last year. I plan to be there this year and am trying to round up other Frigid Bits riders. Unless you are going to fly your fatbike in to a glacier in the off season (aka summer), the winter riding is coming to an end. I hate to say it. Therefore, everyone best get out to the Valley this Sunday and Give Er Heck. I think Tim the Grillmeister and Ben SpeedBall are on board. Thirstywork may be on injured reserve - - time will tell. Manny? Brian? Phil? I am throwing down the challenge - - be there or be square. Broken Toe Joe.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I'm game. Anyone want to car pool? Only thing is I have to be back in town by 6:30 or so. Some birthday dinner or something.

Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiMonkee
    I'm game. Anyone want to car pool? Only thing is I have to be back in town by 6:30 or so. Some birthday dinner or something.
    I will call you. I have to be back in town by 7 myself. Birthday huh come on tell us all how old you really are

FatBike Fiend

Dew the Drewl

Kewl, sounds like some of the Frigid Bitsers are in. Looks like we'll have a great turnout from the valley riders as well, both of them said they would attend Just kiddin', there's quite a few avid cyclists out here and most of them will be there. Rode the course today, it's gooood. Pretty hard pack though, somebody's been out there training on a cyclocross bike, not gonna mention any names, but mtbalaska thinks he's onto something. Just wait 'till I change the course at the last minute through the soft stuff. Hee, hee.

Not sure what the best set up is for the race, doesn't look like the fatties will have any big advantage this year, but they still look cool. Studs would be handy for a few short sections but not really needed elsewhere.

Anyway, looks like everyone will get plenty of smiles per mile. See everyone there.
    Palmer, Alaska
    www.trailwerx.com

Diaskeuast
    I'll be in the "tour" event and then likely sticking around for a Coke and something from the grill. Won't be staying late, though. Anyone interested in carpooling can drop me a PM.
    Enjoying the meaningful pursuit of meaningless fun.

Grillin' & Chillin'

Grillzilla??

I'm assuming I don't need to haul Grillzilla to the race as it sounds like there will someone already with a grill near by to accomplish the animal flesh toasting duties.
    Grill Meister
    "There were never any good old days
    They are today, they are tomorrow
    "
    - Gogol Bordello

FatBike Fiend

Up to you

I think Kevin has a grill but one more wouldn't be a bad idea. Bring it if convenient for you other wise we'll make due.

Beautiful day out here, blue skies and the winds have abated. Off to mark out the course now.

See ya there.

Quote Originally Posted by speedsk8_ak
    I'm assuming I don't need to haul Grillzilla to the race as it sounds like there will someone already with a grill near by to accomplish the animal flesh toasting duties.
    Palmer, Alaska
    www.trailwerx.com

Grillin' & Chillin'

Car Pooling - Minus Grillzilla

I'm going to be car pooling with Thirstywork, so it won't be practical to haul Grillzilla. See you out there.
    Grill Meister
    "There were never any good old days
    They are today, they are tomorrow
    "
    - Gogol Bordello

Members who have read this thread: 0