mo rivers..- Mtbr.com

Thread: mo rivers..

Caveman

mo rivers..

Nice Knik Glacier photos!

Headed out with some folks doing the Susitna 100 from Pt. mac on saturday. Had a nice walk with Mike and Rob across flat horn and the dismal swamp. powder covered glare ice. crampons would have been nice. Anyhow, rode up to the Yetna split at night, visability got kinda bad with lots of new snow falling, backtracked to the Cranford trail and crusied a ways. Had a nice ride on the little Su in the morning as the sun broke out. Then got all lost again and ended up taking Burma road back. Bueatiful day and light yesterday! New snow but nice and ridable with low pressures
    Attached Images Attached Images

This place needs an enema

Eric

Sounds like you're getting the route and your equipment dialed for the big race, and having a pretty good time while doing it. They may not know it yet, but Pete and Eric and all the other fast guys had better start worrying about you stealing their thunder. If I were racing I would be...!

MC

Beware of Doggerel
    Damn thats nice. I missed out on both trips this weekend!! I ate something bad on friday or picked up a bug or something cause I was down and out sick all weekend. I feel okay today and just got in a nice 4.5hr ride. Got -5 here at the house. But zipping around the home trials over and over and over for hours gets old real fast. Man I wish I was out there this weekend.

How's your footwear issues working out?

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Bearbait
    Nice Knik Glacier photos!

Headed out with some folks doing the Susitna 100 from Pt. mac on saturday. Had a nice walk with Mike and Rob across flat horn and the dismal swamp. powder covered glare ice. crampons would have been nice. Anyhow, rode up to the Yetna split at night, visability got kinda bad with lots of new snow falling, backtracked to the Cranford trail and crusied a ways. Had a nice ride on the little Su in the morning as the sun broke out. Then got all lost again and ended up taking Burma road back. Bueatiful day and light yesterday! New snow but nice and ridable with low pressures

FatBike Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam
    Damn thats nice. I missed out on both trips this weekend!! I ate something bad on friday or picked up a bug or something cause I was down and out sick all weekend. I feel okay today and just got in a nice 4.5hr ride. Got -5 here at the house. But zipping around the home trials over and over and over for hours gets old real fast. Man I wish I was out there this weekend.

How's your footwear issues working out?

Adam
    Adam, sorry you missed it, it was an epic ride to the Knik. Bill and Kathi and myself are planning on going again tomorrow ( weds) if you can sneak off from work. We are getting wicked winds here in the valley, my house is shaking as we speak, lots of fun. Usually the Knik valley doesn't catch the Matanuska winds so should be still good up there.

Beware of Doggerel

Sounds good

Tomorrow just happens to be my birthday!! Can't think of a better way to spend it than cruising up to a glacier. I think I can get everything arranged. Same time? Same place? as before.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Wildfire
    Adam, sorry you missed it, it was an epic ride to the Knik. Bill and Kathi and myself are planning on going again tomorrow ( weds) if you can sneak off from work. We are getting wicked winds here in the valley, my house is shaking as we speak, lots of fun. Usually the Knik valley doesn't catch the Matanuska winds so should be still good up there.

FatBike Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam
    Tomorrow just happens to be my birthday!! Can't think of a better way to spend it than cruising up to a glacier. I think I can get everything arranged. Same time? Same place? as before.

Adam
    Same time, same place is fine by me but check with Bill M to see if he can make it.See ya then, anybody else interested?

Bill M

Wouldn't miss it

Quote Originally Posted by Wildfire
    Same time, same place is fine by me but check with Bill M to see if he can make it.See ya then, anybody else interested?
    Kathi and I will be there!!! Wouldn't miss it.

Beware of Doggerel

I'm out.

I have an unavoidable work obligation tomorrow. I sent you guys the details in an e-mail. In case you donít see this. I wonít be there. So enjoy the ride extra for me.

Adam

Caveman
    I'll be packing for Hawaii
    sorry