Mirkwood- Mtbr.com

Thread: Mirkwood

Jesus is coming Look busy
    May 2009

Mirkwood

So!.... I see someone placed reflectors on the Sith trail in Mirkwood. Good on you! If you want more? Keep looking. Go west young man. Go west. Endo and I will be out and about today setting tread. Go get it!!!!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    glad to see someone else doing work for us on the Chuckluks!

Jesus is coming Look busy
    May 2009

Master of Fatness

Quote Originally Posted by Opu Nui View Post
    glad to see someone else doing work for us on the Chuckluks!
    Opu nui!! your exaulted Fatness!...... WTF!! were are you?.. Get that chuckluk out there! It's not just for the coastal trail...... I'm going tonight.I hope some more snowshoers found the loops I have been putting in.... Heading out around 5:30 join me.......

Alaska Turner Mafia
    Conditions in Mirkwood today were super. Trails that have seen some traffic have firmed up so much you could hardly see our tracks. Thanks to those of you snowshoeing and skiing those trails to give us more riding opportunities.

Trails that branch off Moose Ridge that were in great shape today were Cuniform A and B, Sith, and Supa Dave's. Here's a shot of SuperBlinky on Sith to give you an idea of how sweet it is.

This recent cold snap has done wonders to firm up the trails that saw prior snowshoe activity. If you snowshoers want to do us more favors, we put up a couple of signs on Moose Ridge to indicate another connector that could use packing. We call this the Way Twisty and MER trails. You'll see these at both ends of the semicircle. We tromped it today to make it a bit more obvious, but it's not rideable yet without more packing.

Oh, and keep your eyes out. We ran into some grizzly bear tracks today that weren't on the trail yesterday. Didn't see one, and the bears can't be out much longer, but this fresh evidence is still a warning to not put your pepper spray away.

Great stuff out there if it's a narrow ribbon of twisty singletrack you're looking to ride. Saw a couple out there as well on their swanky new Zero's, lookin' sharp while sportin' grins.
    Deceleration Trauma is my middle name

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Just saw the guy making those nice tracks this evening while out skiing on the Hillside lighted loops. Fortunately it isn't acting aggressively, at least not right now. Bolted pretty quickly when I skidded to a stop. Keep your eyes open. With the soft snow, they will be sticking more to the packed trails, just like us.

Members who have read this thread: 0