Lovin' the Pugsley - some pics- Mtbr.com
    @adelorenzo

... and if we just ... Lovin' the Pugsley - some pics

Damn, why did I wait so long to get one of these? I've been out for two hour rides 3 nights this week and am taking Friday off work for an all-day ride.

Amazing that, being right next to Alaska, there are only two that I know of in the Yukon. We have primo winter riding conditions -- reliable cold temps and not much snow. I get tons of people asking me about the bike.

The guy on the right is Tim, he runs a little bike shop in Dawson City called Circle Cycle.

We went out for a nice ride on the Yukon river, including parts of the Yukon Quest trail:

That was a couple of weeks ago, I just got back tonight from some of the trails around my place:

I freakin' love this rig. Should be at least another 2-3 weeks of prime snow riding.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    This was my first fat bike winter also. They certainly take winter riding to a whole new level.Looks like you guys have some great river riding conditions up your way.Post some more pics if you can ! Its Always nice to see were other people ride.

ThisseatmakemyA$$lookfat?
    SWEEET!!! I've been meaning to try one of these FAT bikes out. I see in the picture of bike on the bottom is rollin' SS... CRAZY...
    aka: akfreeridemtber; brian_404
    Just get out and, RIDE!!!
    www.facebook.com/shagwn007

I'm from Utah
    Nice ride Anthony!

I've been meaning to come up to Whitehorse this winter to try out all the amazing snow-biking trails. It looks like I may not get my chance this year, but I'm glad to see some fat bikes out there enjoying them.

By the way, whatever happened to that Franken-29er with the rear track that you were going to build?

Hope to see you guys this summer at the 24 Hours of Light. Are you putting together a cowboy team again?

@adelorenzo
    Hey Jill,

Congrats on the Iditasport finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Jilleo
    By the way, whatever happened to that Franken-29er with the rear track that you were going to build?
    That Ktrak rear track thing is rubbish... Complete waste of money. I was just kidding myself that I wasn't going to get a fatbike.

Hope to see you guys this summer at the 24 Hours of Light. Are you putting together a cowboy team again?
    That would be awesome if you guys came over again. Try to take an extra day or two and we'll show you some of the local trails.

We're still working on our theme for this year. So far the leading candidate is that we all dress as Richard Nixon and call our teams the "Dick Nixons" and the "Nick Dixons."

Regards,
    Anthony

@adelorenzo

Bikejor

A few more pics. I did a 25 km ride with Starbuck on Friday, I had to go near some roads and stuff so I brought his harness for when I needed him on the line. I wasn't really planning on doing any bikejoring, but once he got on the line it was so much fun I ended up doing about a third of the ride with him hooked up. He loves to pull, for some reason he seems better on the bike than he is when hooked up to skier.It was so much fun I am planning to enter a race in a couple of weeks.

I rode to up to a friend's house and we did a short ride together. The trail conditions are so sweet around his place, he was riding 1.9 tires and barely making tracks.

Four of us are heading out into the Ibex Valley tomorrow, I'll hopefully get some good pics from that.

mtbr member

pug set up

I have a question about your pugsley set up... as a SS do you still need to use the off-set marge rims or can you use the non-offset rims? thanks.

mtbr member
    It's a wheel strength issue. You have to offset the crap out of a non offset rim in order for it to fit in the Pug frame. The offset rim just makes the spoke offset less pronounced. The rim ends up in the same place either way.

@adelorenzo
    Quote Originally Posted by bla bla
    I have a question about your pugsley set up... as a SS do you still need to use the off-set marge rims or can you use the non-offset rims? thanks.
    I still used the offset rims. The dropouts are offset from the frame and fork, so if you built up a dishless SS wheel centred on the hub, it would actually be off-center on the frame. The offset drilled rims help you compensate for the offset frame.

Regards,
    Anthony

Members who have read this thread: 0