Lost Lake Last Chance for Glory- Mtbr.com
    Elitest thrill junkie

Lost Lake Last Chance for Glory

I'm planning on doing this, x-post here to see if anyone else is interested. If we get enough, we may break off into a faster group to go end-to-end or something:

Lost Lake/ABC Rec (mtn bike)

This ride will begin 10am at the north trailhead of Lost Lake (the Primrose Landing Campground). Please meet at Carrs Huffman in Anchorage at 7:30am to carpool to the ride. After meeting at the campground we will carpool to the south trail head and bike back to Primrose. This is one of the most beautiful rides in Alaska. There is plenty of climbing, descending and varied single tract along with views of Resurrection Bay when we are at the apex of the trail. This will be the day after the Lost Lake run so the trail will be brushed back.

Although this is only 16 miles it is a strenuous ride in the Alaskan wilderness, be fit, aware, prepared, bring a lunch and water!

Remember to bring your helmet as they are required for all ABC rides. Also, a parent or guardian must be in attendance for any riders under the age of 18.

Lost Lake/ABC Rec (mtn bike) - Bike Me Anchorage! (Anchorage, AK) - Meetup

More trail info here.Lost Lake Last Chance for Glory-image.jpg
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Hey, I am coming to seward via a cruise sept. 6th. I am looking for any input I can gather as far as a rental, directions, guidance? I am a very fit rider and would love to ride with a group if dates line up.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem1 View Post
    Hey, I am coming to seward via a cruise sept. 6th. I am looking for any input I can gather as far as a rental, directions, guidance? I am a very fit rider and would love to ride with a group if dates line up.
    I won't be around then and I don't know of anything that exists in Seward. Hopefully someone will chime in, if not, create a new thread, there's got to be someone that knows.

Edit: Looks like there are some rentals in town. Call the shops.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

Elitest thrill junkie
    Looks like we got 9 people on board for tomorrow and weather looks decent still.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    Looks like we got 9 people on board for tomorrow and weather looks decent still.
    Have fun today, ride looks epic. There is a shop in town with rentals, I will give them a shout.

mtbr member
    Anybody interested in doing this ride on a Sat./Sun.? I can drive and have room for a couple of bikes.

Looking for a wheel to follow, as I have not done this trail before.
    Last edited by Stopbreakindown; 08-28-2015 at 01:59 PM.