Lost Lake/Johnson-Resurrection PassUPDATE???- Mtbr.com
    Bikes are good

Lost Lake/Johnson-Resurrection PassUPDATE???

Anybody been down that way? What do they look like? Rideable yet? Devil's had 9 snowfields to cross two weeks ago, but rode great other than that. Cooper side looked good too. Thanks for any info.

Feb 2006

hope to resurrection pass...

was in great shape as of Thursday July 3. I don't remember any mud holes to speak of, yet my bike did get a little muddy but nothing to whine about. It was the hike up to Hope point the next day that I'm feeling in my quads now. Why are the first hikes of the year so painful?

ABC Rec Div / STA Trails

I know people that have done Resurrection Straight Through

I know Resurrection is doable straight through now.. for at least a week or so now.. there are places where the snow is still towering over the trail (as of two weeks ago)but the trail is clear and ridable from Cooper Landing to Hope or vice versa. I haven't heard anything on Johnson... but haven't had my ear to the ground either..

Christopher

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Johnson

I rode Johnson to the falls on Friday. Overall, it was great but there were some sizeable muddy holes here and there. There was one small snow field to cross. Beyond the falls, it looked muddy.

Reports on Lost Lake are that it won't be ready for weeks.

Bikes are good

Shucks...

I was hoping to avoid an over and back of Resurrection, ouch. Maybe Cooper to Devil's parking and back'll do.

Maybe we'll have an epic winter to follow this wintery summer.???

ABC Rec Div / STA Trails

Johnson Pass

I heard from someone last night that said they knew someone who rode Johnson Pass over the 4th of July weekend and said there is still some small sections of snow to manually cross but otherwise is bikeable end-to-end. Basically a recommended South to North traverse as the south is pretty dry and clear and the north side is quite muddy or just plain wet in others and the downhill would be to ones advantage. So basically like it normally is in early June.. (but its July.. lol)

Christopher

Billy--Arctic Cycles
    Oct 2007

Pugsley/ Resurrection Ride

I rode Resurrection over the 4th of July weekend..--From Hope to Cooper and back.

The trail conditions were good except for a 100 foot section of snow on the trail.

This was one of the most memorable rides I have had on this trail and I have been riding it 14 years!!! My friend Allen convinced me to ride our Pugsleys--it was hard to leave my Santa Cruz Blur at home...but the Pugsleys it were definitely fun!

We left at midnight on July 4th and arrived back in Hope at 1pm (after having breakfast at Gwin's at 6am).
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Thinking about riding this on Sunday...anyone been there recently? Is there much cow parsnip to deal with? It may be pretty muddy but I've got my fingers crossed,

mtbr member

It's fine, ride it.

It's actually been fine for almost two months, but if you wait any longer, you'll need to bring skis, skins and an avalanche beacon. And a probe. And your shovel. And fuel for the stove at Devil's Cabin. And mittens.

Diaskeuast
    I rode Hope to Res. Pass and back last Saturday. It's fine, other than a few muddy spots that won't be drying up any time soon. Cow parsnip wasn't a problem. Lots of black bears above treeline in the final three miles to the pass.
    Enjoying the meaningful pursuit of meaningless fun.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Anyone interested in riding either lost lake, russian, or resurection this weekend (sept 5-7)? Avg pace, looking for some company.

Members who have read this thread: 0