Lost lake, aka; Gulu Gulu,aka Chuckapalooza- Mtbr.com
    rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Lost lake, aka; Gulu Gulu,aka Chuckapalooza

The final AEA/Soggy Bottom training ride will be held on July 16 and 17th. This ride will also incorporate a post ride potluck BBQ. At this writing Iím not sure if the BBQ will be Friday or Saturday evening after the rides. Chuck has offered his place for us to camp at with water and the other civil camping amenities that make camping enjoyable.
    The AEA rides are for the skilled, harden, back country experienced mt. bike rider who has the conditioning, skills to repair himself and his bike. Those who have this experience are encouraged to ride with us!
    Day One
    The Friday evening ride will start at the Primrose Campground (near Seward). Riders will ride the awesome Lost lake Trail to the Seward side. The ride will conclude at the trail head parking lot. I will be at this parking lot to record names. Chuck and other folks will assist to shuttle riders and bikes.
    Day Two
    The Saturday ride at your own place course will incorporate a section of trail is familiar to some and to others it will be a new trail to ride!! The second day ride will start from Chucksí home with a neutral roll out to the Lost lake Trail Head and the parking lot, then letír rip to the Primrose side of the trail !!
    I can be the sag wagon for those who would like to resupply. I will disclose where this is after Fridays ride. Riders will then head south to the Iditarod Trail to the Divide Ski Trails, cross the trail and take the Iditarod Trail all the way down to Bear Lake, then ride the highway/bike path to Chucks home!!
    Iíll post directions to his home as soon as I get them!
    Ride: The Gulu Gulu, formerly known as The Chuckapalooza !!!
    Ride Start: 8:30 at Primrose Campground- look for my camper (blue/grey Airstream)
    Saturday: July 17, 10:30 ride time
    Start: Chucksí house.
    Last edited by rio; 07-04-2010 at 09:03 AM.

Members who have read this thread: 0