Lookie here............- Mtbr.com
    Mr.Secret

Lookie here............

The trails are dry – almost!

The trails in Far North Bicentennial Park are drying faster than in past years which have resulted in the early opening trails in Far North Bicentennial Park and BLM Campbell Tract for this weekend. We caution riders that there are some isolated wet spots in low / shaded sections that we ask equestrians and mountain bike users to use care. There are two really bad spots on the east end of Mellen’s Way before the gas line and near S. Campbell Creek and on Black Bear just east of Moose Meadows Trail. Users should also use caution on Black Bear Trail between the junctions of Brown Bear and Moose Meadow where a large spruce tree has fallen across the trail approximately 2-3 ft above the trail. It is anticipated that the Kincaid Park trails will open early next week.

Have a safe trail day,

John
    .................................................. .................................. This was sent to me from John McCleary at BLM
    Last edited by R.T.R.; 05-18-2007 at 07:48 PM.
    ...think we'll ever get outta' this world alive ?...

Jul 2006
    Oh Yeah Baby, Who's Your Daddy?
    This is indeed great news!

May 2007
    Bītchin'...and here I was satisfied to stick to the woods behind the university for the next couple of weeks (checked it out for the first time this afternoon — bone dry but for some low spots on the twitch roads).

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

ummmm, that's good dirt

K-B State Park is ready to ride. I was out there last night, checking it out. There is still a 100' trough of mud on the section from the "T" overlooking Long Lake out to Crev-Mo. I'm guessing that section will be that way for at least another week. Horses and bikes have it pretty churned up - just like last year, but it will smooth out as it drys, again just like last year.

Low areas in Crev-Mo will still be very wet and soft, but the singletrack sections, at the middle picnic table and on the southeast side (from Long Lake trail to Loop 6) are riding dry and fun.

Let's get on our bikes and ride!

Members who have read this thread: 0