Let's actually do a snow ride!- Mtbr.com
    Elitest thrill junkie

Let's actually do a snow ride!

Sunday, Kincaid at 12, Raspberry lot.

Snow.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member

I am up from homer. I think I am in. I have not been to kinkaid what are the trails like you want to do? This snow is awesome. Is it a flow trail or what?

Elitest thrill junkie
    It's on meetup, at least 4 coming from there it looks like.

These are "flow trails". The area gets pretty high use, so I think our snow should be packed down there. It was a blast riding today in the new snow. I'm happy we finally got snow!

Probably ride Bowling Alley and a bunch of those trails, the Single Track Advocates stuff.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

mtbr member

Do you have link to meetup?

Elitest thrill junkie

mtbr member

Running a bit late but I will be there. Big dude on a Mukluk.

mtbr member

Well I just ended up on the middle earth trail. I couldn't find a raspberry specific lot. I will be back in town next week. We should try and meet up again. I can't say enough at how pleased I was with my d5's. I had one fall due to stopping for others the rest were my fault not the tire.

Bikes are good
    Rode up to Glen Alps today from Muldoon. Made my way down middle fork trail and then wolverine to basher and back home down the power line. All of the climbing was very good. It's amazing how fast the trails pack out with so many people on fat bikes now. I was on the old school surly original fat bike tire. Not sure of the name. They are so fast compared to the more aggressive tread patterns. Are the Dillinger 5's fast rolling? I'd like to be able to put more power down, but can manage on the smooth Chevron type tire. So cool to ride on some packed trails today.
    "Having lack of self-preservation makes biking more fun."

Elitest thrill junkie
    I don't know if they are fast rolling, they grip like hell though! It feels like you can actually "lean" the bike a bit, rather than be forced to stay "centered".

Not a whole lot of people had ridden the ME side, but it was definitely good! We did go out on a search party for you, but we didn't see anyone at the other lots with a bike. Next week is also the Global Fatbike Day, but we need some good trail rides in there too!

mtbr member

Saturday is global fat day? It would be cool to get a big pic before a organized ride next Saturday. My family flew to fbanks so I will be back.

I came to the other parking lots in the back like past where they were making snow. I am not familiar with the place. The last thing I saw on meetup was the first parking lot after the radar sign so that is where I put in. I gotta figure pogies out with my ergons. My dad has some dogwood designs that will be showing up tomorrow but I am gonna stop by the shops on the way out and see if the cobrafist will work somehow. It was cool to check the little bit of the park out that I did. Wish I had gotten in there in summer time to get a lay of the land. I was suprised when we started getting head on traffic on the middle earth trail. I followed a nice guy in that kinda explained things to me a bit. I was absolutely amazed at the amount of fatbikers out. It was just awesome. The skiers are gonna be in for a big awakening. It was also interesting to see what different tire combos people were running. I am sure happy with my d5's. I think I will stud a nate though.