Kyrgyzstan to Kathmandu Slide Show- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Kyrgyzstan to Kathmandu Slide Show

Check out the fundraiser for STA below! If our grant is successful, the Anchorage Park Foundation will match every dollar raised for the new trail up to a maximum of $40,000.

QB
    http://singletrackadvocates.blogspot.com
    Last edited by Queen Bee; 02-26-2008 at 11:00 PM. Reason: clarity

Diaskeuast
    Here's a fresh copy of the flier promoting the event.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Enjoying the meaningful pursuit of meaningless fun.

mtbr member

Slide Show Friday March 14

I hear from someone who had a sneak peek at these photos that this show is not to be missed! It's a benefit for Singletrack Advocates--come on out and toss a few bills into the fishbowl and enjoy the show!

QB

mtbr member
    Hope this doesn't mean I'll be standing...but a reminder - see ya there! (Wow Pete!)
    "I get a buzz from being cold and wet ~ the pleasure seems to balance out the pain" - Blue, Red and Grey The Who By Numbers

HowtoOverthrowtheSystem
    Jan 2004
    I'll be coming out of hibernation for this.

Outrageously happy
    Any chance for a virtual slideshow? That looks like an incredible trek.

It's All About We!
    Dec 2005
    Outstanding show! The entertainment value was off the charts! If you missed it, you should be mourning your loss.

In an age when adventure movies typically try to wow us w/ their 'extreme' stunts and 'over-the-top' special effects, Sage delivered images and content w/ a strong message of genuine adventure; of beauty, challenge, and friendship. (She was able to again demonstrate her perseverance as she exhibited a cool hand while she worked through the only technical hiccup of the show)

Above all, she introduced us to a deeper view of a broad swath of geographies, cultures, and their people. Her delivery was absolutely engaging, her humor was open, cunning, and understated. She entertained the crowd with stories seamlessly linked (see note regarding hiccup above) with exotic melodies and photos saturated with deep and brilliant colors. Bottom line...Sage's show was one of substance; a rare quality these days. It was authentic, fresh, and from the heart. We simply had a great time seeing and listening! Thank you!!

Quick! Send her out on another journey so she can headline for another STA fund raiser!
    Kevin Turinsky
    RUSA RBA - Alaska
    www.rusa.org
    http://alaskarandonneurs.blogspot.com

mtbr member

Good job!

And thanks to Sage, she helped us raise over $1,600 in donations at the door that we'll toss into the trail fund to build the Hillside Singletrack Trail network! With the Park Foundation match that would bring us up to $3,200 for the evening. THANK YOU, SAGE!!!

That was a FANTASTIC show! I found myself fantasizing about a mt. bike adventure that wasn't race related! Thanks, Sage, for the inspiration!

QB

Members who have read this thread: 0