Keppler Bradley GPS Tracks?- Mtbr.com

Jul 2006

Keppler Bradley GPS Tracks?

I found some of the maps posted, but would like some gps tracks to go along with them. In particular looking for a Mooseberry Mesa gps track.

Thanks, Manny

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    As far as Mooseberry mesa goes, don't need 'em. You're either on it or you're not. Unless the recent additions have changed it drastically, there's not really any trails crossing it to get mixed up with. Out and back on the lolli-pop.

Sometimes it can be fun to just ride too!

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    GPS tracks would be very nice for non-local folks. There are a lot of variations on loops out there and the routes through the hay fields, onto single tracks and between the lakes are not obvious. A local took me on a fantastic ride, on new trails & old, and it would tough to replicate solo now. Kind of like the first few times at Hillside or Kincaid - great, but confusing.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    The first time I went out there, it was with Sourdough and he took me on a great ride that I would not have been able to repeat in it's entirety but if we're just talking Mooseberry, I was able to go back and find that easily.

You can't really get the "bad" kind of lost out there and I find that some of my best rides are when I have no idea where I am and I'm just riding. You eventually figure it out.

Some of the Valley locals have posted some really decent maps of that area. My point was that at some point, you gotta just ride. Well, that and I felt like busting Bubba's balls a little.

Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiMonkee
    I felt like busting Bubba's balls a little.
    ok, ok, they hurt.........................

Mooseberry Mesa was a beautiful track with smooth rhythmic flows and turns. Great job guys. I also hopped onto the new little lollipop section, but did not get very far! I ran into some fine folks doing some trail work "Thank You" and a guy tearing it up on a unicycle carrying his trail tools. As well as a couple of dogs that got into a friendly game of lets chew each others head off. Who ever that brave soul was that tore those dogs apart. My friend I tip my helmet in your honor.............................

After that it was just a lot of riding getting lost and found again and again. It was a great ride. Still wish I had my GPS so that I could find some of those sections again next time.
    Last edited by aka bubba; 10-11-2007 at 12:05 AM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    The best way to learn Crevasse and Kepler is to dedicate lots of time and get lost. Yes, the scary kind of lost. You can go with someone who knows the trails, but unless you're 'driving', you won't be able to replicate the routes on your own. It's worth your time to venture out onto the single track off of the Long Lake connector trail between Kepler and Crevasse. It's just beyond the First Picnic Table, maybe 1/4-1/2 mile, on your left as your heading towards Kepler. Some of us call it the 'Rooty Trail'. It's not buff like Mooseberry Mesa, thus the name, but it's great fun if you like a technical challenge. The major downed trees have been cleared. It's about 2 miles in length and will pop you out into Crevasse.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Maybe . . .

Nothing against exploring and getting lost, but for occasional visitors to the CM trails I'd have to advocate for your first ride being with someone who knows the area so that you can figure the overall scope of possibilities. For one thing, the connector routes on the hay fields are pretty obscure (and look like private property you would be trespassing on) as are the single tracks between the lakes and so forth - quite easy to miss. Once you know about the outer perimeter, the connectors and the "big picture", you will at least be able to get off the regular ski trails and get lost in a big way while on a mission to find the ultimate trail . . .
    Last edited by Stroganof; 10-10-2007 at 08:26 PM.

FatBike Fiend

"Moose Poop Loop" now open

We finished up the downhill section on the new loop off Mooseberry Mesa last Saturday. It turned out very, very nice with some great full bench construction, lots of grade reversals, and a bunch of very sweet short radius bermed turns. The bottom section is still a little rough but the parts that count are all done. The preferred route is down the Eastern most leg and up the Western leg. Many thanks to the army of trail builders that showed for our numerous work days this season, it was great to see what a bunch of volunteers can accomplish.
    Owner, Trailwerx Trails Contracting
    Palmer, Alaska
    www.trailwerx.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Thank you, Mark! I was out running it today and now I can't wait to ride it tomorrow. You did a fantastic job designing both loops. Noticed that the deadly tree on the super sharp switchback is gone :-). Now there's hope for me to clear it!

FatBike Fiend

Mooseberry Mesa GPS Map

I've been getting a little tired of finding skeletal remains of long-lost mountain bikers on obscure side paths of the Crevasse Moraine and Keplar Bradley trail system (actually, I shouldn't mind too much, my bike collection has grown considerably ). So here's a GPS map of the Mooseberry Mesa trails that may help prevent further tragedy. You're on your own for the rest of them. Singletrack 99501, I know you got the goods so post 'em. The new Moose Poop Loop has around 80 feet of vertical and the old loop has about 170 feet. The trails are in good shape, mostly frozen and fast.Thanks to trailrunner for putting this together. the "you are here" is the trailhead at the south end of the 8 loop in Crevasse.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Owner, Trailwerx Trails Contracting
    Palmer, Alaska
    www.trailwerx.com

Members who have read this thread: 0