Kenai Area Riders, READ ME- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Kenai Area Riders, READ ME

Hi guys,

I'm traveling from the Appalachian hills of Boone NC to the Kenai penninsula for business and I have a few free days before hand to ride mtb. If any locals reading this would like to meet up for a ride or to show me around I will be looking to ride 8/2/09 - 8/4/09. Any suggestions on where to rent a bike / borrow one would be greatly appreciated. I will be flying into the Kenai airport on the 1st and I am not sure where I will be staying (this will depend on where to ride). Anyhow, I really like to ride DH and also enjoy a good long pedal on xc terrain. I'm willing to ride any terrain with any good friendly people. Anyone with any info would be greatly appreciated!

-Chuck

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Man, you're missing this by a day: http://aksoggybottom100.masony.com/

Talk about epic "long pedal on xc terrain", all on the Kenai.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I believe Beemuns in Soldotna rents full suspension bikes. As far as I know they're the only ones down here that do.

35277 Kenai Spur Hwy
    Soldotna, AK 99669
    907-262-1234

There are some great trails on the penninsula - Russian Lakes, Crescent, Resurrection, Johnson Pass check out the following link:

http://www.singletracks.com/php/data...ame&state_id=1

We did Russian Lakes yesterday, end to end (from the Cooper Lake side) and it was awesome! We had an early melt this year so the vegetation is starting to grow up pretty quick!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    BTW, how's the riding in Boone? I have family in Asheville and have heard the riding there is good. Any recommendations on rentals and trails there? We should be visiting next spring.

Thanks!

Members who have read this thread: 0