Kenai 200K Brevet is Still On! Weather Be Damned!- Mtbr.com
    It's All About We!
    Dec 2005

Kenai 200K Brevet is Still On! Weather Be Damned!

Nothing like a little squall to keep the dust down.

As of today, Wednesday afternoon, I'm still planning on showing up at the start Saturday morning, and putting this thing on. I suggest fenders!

Word is that two intrepid riders left Anchorage at 1:00PM today on their bikes, headed to Girdwood for a stop-over, then on to Kenai for Saturday's 200K!

Unless it REALLY starts snowing, or the volcano blows, I'm not calling this thing off.

See you all down there!

(Pat, how're the conditions? Misting?)

Kevin
    Kevin Turinsky
    RUSA RBA - Alaska
    www.rusa.org
    http://alaskarandonneurs.blogspot.com/
    Facebook & Twitter too!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Nice in Homer!

Tarnac,

I can't speak for Kenai, but it's been a nice day down here at the end of the road. Sun is out at 8:30pm and Thursday looks to be even better.

Not sure what snow Kenai got out of this latest squall, but a sunny Thursday should melt any new stuff. My fenders are ready!

Pat

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarnac

(Pat, how're the conditions? Misting?)

The only thing misting here is my eyes...I work this weekend! - Must find a weekend event friendly job... will be even sadder when I see the smiles in the post - event photos.
    "I get a buzz from being cold and wet ~ the pleasure seems to balance out the pain" - Blue, Red and Grey The Who By Numbers

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Poor Tony

Sorry you can't make it Tony, but the Homer ride is worth taking vacation time and you still have time to arrange it. You can share Bob's tent with him in our driveway, but not his sleeping bag. I'll have none of that in my yard!

If the Homer brevet is anything like last year it'll be the best ride you've ever done.

As for Kenai this weekend, it may be wet or not, but I don't think snowy. Kachemak Bay is under a winter weather warning tonight (Thurs. thru Friday noon) but it seems to be staying south of Clam Gulch, so Kenai should miss it. But even with the warning they're only talking 2 inches maybe, so I'm bringing rain gear and cool weather riding stuff.

Look forward to seeing everyone!

Pat

It's All About We!
    Dec 2005
    As a RUSA RBA I'm authorized to issue hall-passes for you to present to your employer in situations such as you find yourself. That should take care of everything; no questions asked. I have to deal w/ this kind of stuff all the time. So, just show up in Kenai. Life will be good. ;-)

Kevin

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

great day for a ride

Kevin,

Thanks again for guilting us into doing the Kenai ride. What a great day it turned out to be.

Even though I nearly spun myself into oblivion with a too-small a gear, it was a good ride. Flat, but the perfect early season long ride.

Thanks everyone for joining us

See you all in 2 weeks???

Pat

Members who have read this thread: 0