just an intro- Mtbr.com

Thread: just an intro

mtbr member

just an intro

hello all

Just a quick intro being new to the forums and all. I'm living in Palmer currently, but over the years I have been around the state (mostly on the Kenai peninsula..Homer and Seward to be specific) I ride a well abused Cannondale F-series hardtail, though it wasn't always abused Bought it new back in '98 and for a few years of riding stuck more than a few coins into keeping it running smooth.

I've been out of mt biking for a few years and am working my way back into things. I've been looking around for what to do with my bike for a bit and I'm thinking of replacing the fork with something that I can possibly stick a 29" wheel under to breath new life into my ride.... any opinions on whats compatible? Also I've been bent up 2 shimano rear axles in the last couple of years whats a good axle/ hub that can withstand the moderate beating I seem to be dishing out?

/thanks
    //back to lurking

Bikes are good

Buy a new bike!!!!!!!!!!!

For the money you throw at a bike like that, you could buy a new bike with all the newest, greatest components that last. You could buy a sweet hardtail with a way nicer shock and great components for 600 bucks or less. So, buy a new bike, you've earned it.

mtbr member
    I wasnt thinking of buying new and from what stuff I've been finding I think I can convert it for less than 500...to simply spruce it up with a newer set of 26" wheels and a new fork is going to run me 3-400

So maybe for an extra $150 or so and alittle bit of DIY grease above what it would cost to bring back up to par w/ 26" wheel components I can be riding something that nobody else rides

..oh yeah I sure would like a new bike don't get me wrong and I will probably will be getting a new bike later on in the summer, but I don't feel like totally discarding a bike that still can have a lot more miles left in it

Bikes are good

I hear ya..

I rode my special ed rockhopper for years and swore it was all I needed. I enjoyd buying parts to make it better. Rims with disc compatible hubs, disc brakes, new shock, drivetrain components, etc... I still ride that bike (just went on a leg buster today on it) So, until the frame breaks I'll ride it. I love my new bike though. New 4 years ago now, but man was it a cool upgrade.

So, you are in Palmer? What would Kepler Bradley look like these days? Anywhere else out there look dirty yet?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfbkr50

So, you are in Palmer? What would Kepler Bradley look like these days? Anywhere else out there look dirty yet?
    I was over there two weeks ago on a walk with the fam and there was some small areas of ice in some parts of the trail we were walking, but otherwise clear of snow and pretty firm...well until it snowed the other day, but south Palmer didn't get very much snow at all so it should be clear again within a week if the weather stays nice.

Members who have read this thread: 0