Johnson Pass Condition??- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Johnson Pass Condition??

I'm stuck down in Arkansas right now and was wondering if anybody has rode Johnson's Pass lately and could say what the condition was? Friends rode it last year and had a lot of problems with fallen logs. Looking to do it this summer once i'm back
    thanks

Jun 2003

Still too wet to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by muddywings
    I'm stuck down in Arkansas right now and was wondering if anybody has rode Johnson's Pass lately and could say what the condition was? Friends rode it last year and had a lot of problems with fallen logs. Looking to do it this summer once i'm back
    thanks
    The trail is not open yet, I do not think. I heard the 30th of June.

Ologist

Good job!

I have heard that June 30th date at a couple LBSs in Anchorage. According to the USFS website and the Ranger in Seward's district office there is no such closure. I'll be heading down this weekend either way. I heard the argurment was related to the supposed higher snowfall this past winter and thus wetter conditions. I don't believe there was anymore snow than a "typical" year. Little precip in May and a very early green up tells me that we are good to go!!

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

great

a few folks that i know completed the ride this past weekend and reported the trail to be in great shape and found that the trail either side of the avalance chute was wet from snow melt. I was told by a USFS representative "there is no closure this year".

Quote Originally Posted by Valhalla
    I have heard that June 30th date at a couple LBSs in Anchorage. According to the USFS website and the Ranger in Seward's district office there is no such closure. I'll be heading down this weekend either way. I heard the argurment was related to the supposed higher snowfall this past winter and thus wetter conditions. I don't believe there was anymore snow than a "typical" year. Little precip in May and a very early green up tells me that we are good to go!!