Jinx among us?- Mtbr.com

Thread: Jinx among us?

Dec 2006

Jinx among us?

Just when I managed to get my Nokians off and my mud tires on it snows and to make matters worse after my short bus ride I debated deflating my tires from ~60-20 psi and chose not to deflate... I regret it though as about 5 feet from the bike rack I notice my front wheel sliding I tried to save the fall and before I knew it I had slid right into the bike rack... at least I didn't have my legs open unfortunatly there was a fire drill so at least 20 people saw the whole episode... at the end I was thinking someone had to jinx the weather I mean damn just when the trails were getting nice and muddy it snows

HowtoOverthrowtheSystem
    Jan 2004
    I shoulda caught a ride with Pete outta town...

Dec 2007
    i like dave's idea!!!! hey dave, re- read big krama's blog. i put some info in the comments on his april 5th post to help you w/ your groc store runs on your LHT.
    geo.

HowtoOverthrowtheSystem
    Jan 2004
    Oh...I don't need too much help in that area...I went to La Bodega the other day and came back with 4 panniers full of beer. Two 6-packs fit nicely stacked in Ortlieb's Bike Packer Plus and a 6-pack and a couple bombers fit in the Sport Packer Plus.

If I need 20 bombers I can take the beer bike. Anything more than that and I can bust out the Chariot or Big Tow. Ol' Impetus loves the weight...I feel he's more stable with some weight on him than unloaded.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by daveIT
    I shoulda caught a ride with Pete outta town...

Yes you should have. Porcupine Rim this morning after breakfast and Slickrock trail in the afternoon. Maybe a race out at Fruita on Sunday where they actually have a ss class go figure.
    You're always welcome to set up a tent next to my van if you make it down here.

Caveman
    yeah changing back to studs sucks but
    the powder in the front range is sick right now!

oh but yes, porcupine rim wouldent be bad either. Thanks for the reminder Pete...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Members who have read this thread: 0