Janice's Trails Open?- Mtbr.com

Oct 2005

Janice's Trails Open?

i've heard all of the new trails above hilltop are dry and in good riding condition. are they open? not June 1 but if they are that dry......

heard llama is still a bit wet however.

Bikes are good

June 1 or...

When you aren't making ruts.

Since there are so many people with poor judgment, they have to put a date on it. The trails are all good. Llama was a bit wet in spots so we didn't keep going on it. Janice's trails, the ones I've been on, have all been good. Down low (I call it the mattress trail) it is not good.

Happy riding.
    "Having lack of self-preservation makes biking more fun."

Oct 2005
    rode them today, only had to get off my bike thrice in the spirit of being rut-wise. upper trails were best. really like those advanced loops. south rim was also good about half the way up, then it got wet, good place to turn around.

Bikes are good

Yep.

An early season this year to make up for a late, non-existent summer last year.

I have seen downhillers/wanna be downhillers at the bottom of shuttle rides from powerline. They must be thrashing the trail up there as they are covered in thick mud glops. I like mud glops, but that is why they say wait until June 1. Some just don't have the judgment.

I'm heading out.

Jul 2008

Directions?

I downloaded the map off STA's site, but did not see any indication of trail directions. Are all the trails multi-directional? Or are some ascending and others descending?

Bikes are good

I think it is safe to say

they are multi directional. Downhill dudes yield to uphill dudes (a weird rule, but I guess it's nice). The downhills aren't ever terribly fast so it isn't too much of a safety issue I don't think.

Diaskeuast
    Quote Originally Posted by BikesRGood
    I downloaded the map off STA's site, but did not see any indication of trail directions. Are all the trails multi-directional? Or are some ascending and others descending?
    The trails are definitely all multi-directional. They were also designed to be so tight and twisty that high speeds shouldn't be a problem, so if everyone pays attention while riding, things should be quite safe.
    Enjoying the meaningful pursuit of meaningless fun.

mtbr member
    Sorry I'm late to this forum. The trails are awesome. Go ride them! There are two large mud holes (Hornet's Nest and Stinger) that will be fixed with some better drainage on National Trails Day (June 6th). The seep at the bottom of Drone Lane will need some work also.

Watch out for calving moose!

Ologist
    I am amazed at how many trees blew down up there this spring!! And, I love the new rock trail features.

Members who have read this thread: 0