Its Still Winter Somewhere- Mtbr.com
    Bill M

Its Still Winter Somewhere

Just so you know it is still winter somewhere in Alaska. Kathi M, Myself, Wildfire, and Julia rode up Old Man Creek trail in Eureka up towards Monument Mountain this weekend. The temperature was 17 degrees when we started riding and the trails were perfect for Fat tires. We only saw a handfull of snowmachiners and they were friendly and courteous if a bit surprised to see us out there on bikes. It was great to finally get out and winter camp with clear skies under a nearly full moon. Here's hoping winter returns to lower elevations soon. Bill M
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fat!Drunk!Slow!
    Wow, very jealous. Looks like that fat tires are a lot of fun. Weather looks great to!

What temp are the bags rated to?

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    wow...really cool!

Bill M

Really warm bags

Quote Originally Posted by JordyB
    Wow, very jealous. Looks like that fat tires are a lot of fun. Weather looks great to!

The fat tires are way too much fun!!!!!!!

What temp are the bags rated to?
    The bags are Sir Joseph from Czech Republic Their extreme rating is -54 C. Kathi M has used hers for 3 years at temps as low as -40 and always slept warm. That was my first outing with mine and I had to sleep with my head exposed at 5 F and vent around my neck. They are really roomy and do not pull tight if you curl up creating cold spots. I also have their mountaineering parka and I think you could sit around comfy at way below zero and enjoy the winter camping scene. Here's a link if you are interested. www.sirjoseph.cz

Bill M

Caveman
    Nice pics bill, looks dreamy out there.

Cool company,

speaking of bags I saw this in REI last night:
    http://sherpaadventuregear.com/SleepingBags01.htm
    -40 with a pretty cool design

No, that's not phonetic
    Super shots! Looks like fun.

Rainy and 40 here in Kodiak. Not a flake in sight....
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

Beware of Doggerel
    Nice ride shots. I can't wait for some of that weather around here. The streets here in town are slick, even with studs. But riding the icy streets beats driving. I haven't been off road in a while so I don't know how that is but I imagine its not all snowy and wonderful like the terrain in those pics.

Adam
    I wanna say I'm sorry for stuff I haven't done yet, things will shortly get completely out of hand --T.M.G.

Bill M

More good winter riding

Quote Originally Posted by Adam
    Nice ride shots. I can't wait for some of that weather around here. The streets here in town are slick, even with studs. But riding the icy streets beats driving. I haven't been off road in a while so I don't know how that is but I imagine its not all snowy and wonderful like the terrain in those pics.

Adam
    Sorry conditions around town aren't so good. Kathi M and I rode a trail from the cabin across to Permanente last evening and it was as good as it gets for winter riding. Other than a few moose holes in "our" trail it was perfect spring???? morning riding. Permanente has been hit hard by 4 wheelers and is good packed conditions. The section we rode was not icy at all. We plan to go further soon and will post conditions and pics.
    Bill M

Members who have read this thread: 0