It's Pogie Time.

Printable View

• 11-08-2004
    tscheezy
    It's Pogie Time.
    Hey AK peeps. The Aurora is out now, so I hope you are enjoying it. Anyway, I have been sewing some pogies and I thought I'd send a set or two up to you guys and see if you liked them. I bought a bunch of material so I can crank a few out. Dave, email me and give me your address again (E 98th or something, I think) and I'll fire some off to you. Or Randy, if you read this, email me your address.

These are old ones I made, but the newer ones are similar. I used a bit thinner Thinsulate insulation on the new ones. The shell is waterproof/breathable. They let me ride without gloves down to about 20F.

• 11-08-2004
    damion
    I am in for a set.
    What do you want for them? How about a blown blue Sid fork with a 5.5" steer tube?
  • 11-08-2004
    AkDave
    addy on the way.....
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tscheezy
    Hey AK peeps. The Aurora is out now, so I hope you are enjoying it. Anyway, I have been sewing some pogies and I thought I'd send a set or two up to you guys and see if you liked them. I bought a bunch of material so I can crank a few out. Dave, email me and give me your address again (E 98th or something, I think) and I'll fire some off to you. Or Randy, if you read this, email me your address.

These are old ones I made, but the newer ones are similar. I used a bit thinner Thinsulate insulation on the new ones. The shell is waterproof/breathable. They let me ride without gloves down to about 20F.

Check your email.....
    Thanks,
    Dave and the Anch peeps
  • 11-08-2004
    soulslide
    what does
    a coloradan have to do to get a pair of said pogies?
  • 11-08-2004
    damion
    Well, you can ask.
    YOu can try to get a set from Tscheezy, or you can buy a set from Pat Irwin. Do a search for Pats bikes. He is located in Anchorage, not far from where I live.
  • 11-08-2004
    tscheezy
    Soulslide, where in CO do you live? I was going to send a few to Larry (aka Ventanarama) at mtn high cyclery in Loveland to try out. Let me make a few more up and I could send some to you directly too.

Dave, I put two pair in the mail. Look for them Wed or Thurs.

See ya.
  • 11-08-2004
    crsouser
    Pat's Website
    Quote:

Originally Posted by damion
    YOu can try to get a set from Tscheezy, or you can buy a set from Pat Irwin. Do a search for Pats bikes. He is located in Anchorage, not far from where I live.

Pat's Bikes Website
    www.patsbikes.net
    or alternatively his Wife's art gallery located in the same suite.
    www.kathysarns.com
  • 11-08-2004
    soulslide
    Rollinsville
    about 20 miles west and 3500 feet above boulder.
  • 11-08-2004
    AkDave
    Thanks
    Quote:

Soulslide, where in CO do you live? I was going to send a few to Larry (aka Ventanarama) at mtn high cyclery in Loveland to try out. Let me make a few more up and I could send some to you directly too.

Dave, I put two pair in the mail. Look for them Wed or Thurs.

See ya.

Thanks Philip, you are very generous to let us try them out.
    Dave
  • 11-09-2004
    AK Ken
    AK Peeps?
    [QUOTE=tscheezy]Hey AK peeps. The Aurora is out now, so I hope you are enjoying it. Anyway, I have been sewing some pogies and I thought I'd send a set or two up to you guys and see if you liked them. I bought a bunch of material so I can crank a few out. Dave, email me and give me your address again (E 98th or something, I think) and I'll fire some off to you. Or Randy, if you read this, email me your address.

AK Ken is an AK Peep, right? I don't know why you're wasting your time sending cold weather gear to the banana belt. If you want someone to try them out send them someplace colder than Anchorage, fergawdsake.

Hint hint.

Ken
  • 11-09-2004
    tscheezy
    You are gonna have to send me your physical address instead of hints if you hope to get a pair of these. Hint hint.

PS I'll even make up an "Inferior" pair, special for you.
  • 11-12-2004
    AK Ken
    No way!
    Quote:

You are gonna have to send me your physical address instead of hints if you hope to get a pair of these. Hint hint.

PS I'll even make up an "Inferior" pair, special for you.

I may give you my mailing address, though. Check your pms.

Ken

ps: had some dandy cardboard pizza tonite!