I'm Outta Here- Mtbr.com

Thread: I'm Outta Here

Wu-Tang Academy Alumni

I'm Outta Here

I just closed on my house in the Valley which means that my new home will be (hopefully) in Bayfield CO, just East of Durango. I'll miss riding with the guys that I know here on MTBR and you are certainly invited to stay at my place if you ever feel like thawing out and riding some new trails. I am super stoked to be moving to an area where I can possibly snowboard and ride my bike on the same day. AK is nice but this state has never really suited me. Colorado will suit me much better. I'll be sure to toast all you folks this fall during the "Indian" summer after putting in an extra couple of miles just for you.

.....cheatin' life, and peelin' out on the lawn.........
    -Sage Francis

Wood chips are stupid

Close to home...kinda

I have a gaggle of kin in Farmington NM. When I am down there,I will surly look you up. Of course you know, Ak is the best place to live.

akdeluxe
    "Trust me,you don't want a big baby."

JT

Jul 2006
    They always come back!

OlTime XR500 JumpingChamp
    Thanks for your good pics., may be some day they'll build that ski area on hatcher. then it will be possible...

Alaska Turner Mafia
    Best of luck to you down there bones. I hope things turn out exactly like you want them to.

And thanks for the offer to put us up. Next time we're traveling in the fall on an mtb vacation I'd like to check out your new neck of the woods. Fruita is great fun, but I'd like to see more of Colorado east of there. Check in on the AK board once in a while to keep in touch.

Good luck, Rando
    Deceleration Trauma is my middle name

Jun 2003

you will be back.

"see" you in a couple of years.

Wu-Tang Academy Alumni

I hope not

I didn't grow up here, don't have any family here, and I really don't like it here.
    I'm leaving by choice, not for work or any other reason.
    -Sage Francis

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bones get broke
    I didn't grow up here, don't have any family here, and I really don't like it here.
    PM me when you arrive, we'll get a beer ... or two.
    Craig, Durango CO
    "Lighten up PAL" ... King Cage

i drink shower water
    good for you. i came back this summer from school but i remember why i left and went to CO, Cant wait to get back there in the fall.
    Prison is hard, everything else is easy

MTB aficionado
    Jan 2004

Sort of begs the question.....

Why did you come to Alaska in the first place? When you say you "really don't like it here".... what does that mean?

Regards,

EndUser
    My advice and $3 will buy you nothing more than a tunafish sandwich

Wu-Tang Academy Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by EndUser
    Why did you come to Alaska in the first place? When you say you "really don't like it here".... what does that mean?

Regards,

EndUser
    As a 13 year old, I don't think I would've fared too well living by myself in California. My mother got a job teaching here in AK, in Mentasta Lake to be specific. When I say I really don't like it here, I mean exactly that, I really don't like it here. I am not a fan of the long, dark winter and the "payoff" summer isn't nearly long enough. I would've moved long ago but for reasons that you don't really need to know about on this forum. I hope I am not mistaken, I am not putting down this country, it's just not for me or my family. If I have offended anyone here, I apologize.
    I grew up in a small mountain town in northern CA (Whispering Pines, CA), I would like to return to that lifestyle.
    -Sage Francis

MTB aficionado
    Jan 2004

Good luck!!

As a 13 year old, I don't think I would've fared too well living by myself in California. My mother got a job teaching here in AK, in Mentasta Lake to be specific. When I say I really don't like it here, I mean exactly that, I really don't like it here. I am not a fan of the long, dark winter and the "payoff" summer isn't nearly long enough. I would've moved long ago but for reasons that you don't really need to know about on this forum. I hope I am not mistaken, I am not putting down this country, it's just not for me or my family. If I have offended anyone here, I apologize.
    I grew up in a small mountain town in northern CA (Whispering Pines, CA), I would like to return to that lifestyle.
    I was not offended in the least. I know what you mean. I only ask because I moved here from CO for a job 10 years ago. I travel back to CO / UT every year and I miss those places dearly. I'm still enjoying AK very much as is my family, but I sort of envy your move. AK is OK for me now, but like yourself one day I'll be writing a similar note..... another 10-15 years here and I'll never have to work again.... that's the plan anyway.

Good luck and have fun in CO!!

Regards,

EndUser

ThisseatmakemyA$$lookfat?
    how is it down there? hows the job market, cost of livin', etc??? a couple of friends lived in bolder, and they said it sucked. fur coats everywhere... i've been in ak FOREVER (my wife too)... my mom and i moved up here in 1970-71... can't remeber... i've been tellin' the wife that we need to sell our house and move. even for a a little while, just for a change... but you know how that goes???
    aka: akfreeridemtber; brian_404
    Just get out and, RIDE!!!
    www.facebook.com/shagwn007

OlTime XR500 JumpingChamp
    Yeah , the Winters are suckage, suicidal and extreme drinking thoughts flood the brain with contemplation. Mmnna No , Durango is happening great budding area in S.W. Co....

Have Fun. Keep in touch....

Mr.Secret
    I think the REAL reason yer movin' is there's more skate/ BMX parks down there so you've got a place to do yer 360's and inverted aerials, and whatever other jargon you guys use, on yer " freestyle" Sultan .......................I still think ya need bigger wheels, like 36's or something........
    Last edited by R.T.R.; 07-22-2007 at 10:52 AM.
    ...think we'll ever get outta' this world alive ?...

Mr.Secret
    Quote Originally Posted by brian_404
    how is it down there? hows the job market, cost of livin', etc??? a couple of friends lived in bolder, and they said it sucked. fur coats everywhere... i've been in ak FOREVER (my wife too)... my mom and i moved up here in 1970-71... can't remeber... i've been tellin' the wife that we need to sell our house and move. even for a a little while, just for a change... but you know how that goes???
    I can just see Bones with a fur coat/ BMX body armor

Wu-Tang Academy Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by R.T.R.
    I can just see Bones with a fur coat/ BMX body armor
    I can't deal with the coat part, so I had David Green -Master Furrier make me some Chinchilla body armor.
    Straight pimpin', thats haw I roll. Rando's machismo pales in comparison.
    -Sage Francis

mtbr member
    I think bones's first run would go a little like this:

He roll in Switch hit a 1080 to Mute-Mute Stiffy to Nolly Frontflip and end it with a McTwist!
    bones will ultimately fail because he's trying to pull boarding tricks on a bike thus living up to his handle! But hey! He's totally a progressive rider!

Wu-Tang Academy Alumni

Childs Play

Quote Originally Posted by R.T.R.
    I think the REAL reason yer movin' is there's more skate/ BMX parks down there so you've got a place to do yer 360's and inverted aerials, and whatever other jargon you guys use, on yer " freestyle" Sultan .......................I still think ya need bigger wheels, like 36's or something........
    Dude , that Sultan was childs play. I'm pullin some sweet tail whips on this bad boy.

You guy's should see BigLaker go huge on his new whip.

Last edited by bones get broke; 07-22-2007 at 07:24 PM.
    -Sage Francis

Mr.Secret
    Dude , that Sultan was childs play. I pullin some sweet tail whips on this bad boy.

You guy should see BigLaker go huge on his new whip.

I'm really like'n BigLakers maintenance free enclosed drive chain, probably an oil-bath, TRICK !! Oh and I forgot the saftey factor too as when he's riding with his bell bottoms they won't get caught in the chain / chainring anymore. And the teddy bear carrier on the back, now he'll never be alone, sweet !
    Last edited by R.T.R.; 07-22-2007 at 07:30 PM.

mtbr member

What......

I told those guys to leave the unicorn off the chain guard! DAMN....now my pimpness is ruined! Waite! Chics like unicorns....I maybe on to something. Yep! My pimpness is back!!!

Wu-Tang Academy Alumni

I'm Coming Back....

After riding this dull terrain all summer, and now being confronted with snowboarding at 11,000' then having to ride dirt the next day, I simply can't wait to be back in AK.
    Before I make any rash decisions though, I should take a few more laps around Phils World and hit Silverton Mtn. once or twice just to make sure I want to come back as much as you guys said I would.
    -Sage Francis

mtbr member
    Are you crazy man!
    Stay where you are

Wu-Tang Academy Alumni

Huh?

sarcasm - 1
    Pete - 0
    -Sage Francis

mtbr member
    sarcasm - 1
    Pete - 0
    Alright, I'm an idiot

Caveman
    out of all the places in Colorado to live as a mountain biker, why choose Durango?
    I mean really, that place sucks.

After one ride I'm sure test tracks gets boring as heck.

Wu-Tang Academy Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearbait
    After one ride I'm sure test tracks gets boring as heck.
    Actually, Test Track is the only in town ride I haven't done yet.
    -Sage Francis

MTB aficionado
    Jan 2004

It's so Obvious

After riding this dull terrain all summer, and now being confronted with snowboarding at 11,000' then having to ride dirt the next day, I simply can't wait to be back in AK.
    Before I make any rash decisions though, I should take a few more laps around Phils World and hit Silverton Mtn. once or twice just to make sure I want to come back as much as you guys said I would.
    It's so obvious, Colorado IS the coolest place on the planet, maybe in the entire known universe. What was I thinking when I left????

Regards,

EndUser

Wu-Tang Academy Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by EndUser
    Regards
    Loosen up your Dockers, son, they're having an adverse effect on your sense of humor.

If you've got one.

Regardless
    -Sage Francis

Members who have read this thread: 0