I can't get this young girls mauling out of my mind- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

I can't get this young girls mauling out of my mind

After riding for many years in Alaska and almost daily on the hillside trails I am not surprised that a rider has been mauled by a bear. With many bear sightings over the years I still rode my bike on these same trails, always aware that the unexpected could happen......it never did. Now a young girl is lying in the hospital, a family wondering why did it have to happen to our daughter.....I ache for this young girl and her family whom I may or may not know. That realy does not matter, I ache just the same! Every one who enjoys the outdoors knows there are risks. I hope this young lady a speedy recovery.
    What realy has me [email protected] are the armchair outdoor types whose comments I have been reading on the ADN web page. These JERKS have no idea of what outdoor Alaska is all about. This girl and her family were just living an Alaskan life and the worst happened. Fish and game.........Rick, cover your SORRY @SS. Dan Fagen......you suck and don't have a clue!!!!!!!
    Get well quickly young lady!!!!!!!!
    Sorry for the rant,
    Dave
    Idaho Transplant (closet roadie)

MTB aficionado
    Jan 2004

A voice of reason....

Quote Originally Posted by AkDave
    After riding for many years in Alaska and almost daily on the hillside trails I am not surprised that a rider has been mauled by a bear. With many bear sightings over the years I still rode my bike on these same trails, always aware that the unexpected could happen......it never did. Now a young girl is lying in the hospital, a family wondering why did it have to happen to our daughter.....I ache for this young girl and her family whom I may or may not know. That realy does not matter, I ache just the same! Every one who enjoys the outdoors knows there are risks. I hope this young lady a speedy recovery.
    What realy has me [email protected] are the armchair outdoor types whose comments I have been reading on the ADN web page. These JERKS have no idea of what outdoor Alaska is all about. This girl and her family were just living an Alaskan life and the worst happened. Fish and game.........Rick, cover your SORRY @SS. Dan Fagen......you suck and don't have a clue!!!!!!!
    Get well quickly young lady!!!!!!!!
    Sorry for the rant,
    Dave
    From a far away place. I hope all is well in Potato Land.

The blame game is just starting so sit back and watch the show. Ultimately, it will be us, the mountain bikers who suffer. There are those with sharpened pencils writing new rules as I type. We need to be protected from ourselves... errr something like that.

Regards,

EndUser
    Last edited by EndUser; 07-01-2008 at 10:51 AM.
    My advice and $3 will buy you nothing more than a tunafish sandwich

Members who have read this thread: 0