I am the first ever! wow!- Mtbr.com

Jun 2003

I am the first ever! wow!

This is all new to me. (being first) Just checking in.Alaskans, sound off! I am in Anchorage.

Jan 2004
    Ehh damion,
    wassup.
    yeah I'm from Anchorage too.. east end.
    Where do you usually ride at?
    lately I've been riding this from the University Lake area over into stuckagain, Then I follow cambell creek up to the power lines, then over to hilltop & down towards Service, then back on the multipurpose trail & back to campbell airstrip,.. around coyote loop & back down the Old Iditarod trail section to Tudor.
    The main trails are like snow roads though there,.. minimal divits from foot traffic. & theres several ski-jore singletracks leading off..

Jun 2003

I live in Jewel Lake...

I generally ride on this side of town in the winter, using short loops around Dimond Blvd. to Kincaid, Sand Lake road, and the neighborhoods. once a week or so I try to get up onto hillside, to get some hills in. This season, I am concentrating on my Pool game during the winter. I play on a couple of league teams, and we are the 2 time city champs, so this year is a big deal for my teams. I am trying to avoid injury this year, that is why I am sticking to the tame trails for the most part. During the summer i work for Mike Shoup at The Bicycle Shop on N. Lights. (at 34, I have finally accepted a job that I enjoy every day). Winters I am a stay at home father of 2, so I keep busy during the day. Think night riding. Later.

Dec 2003
    Midtown Anchorage Yea Baby Yea

Caveman

Anchorheads

Downtown, crosstown.
    The trails out from prospect heights are in great packed out shape as well. Loving the moonlight lately.
    E

Beware of Doggerel

Anchored down

I am Anchored down by the Cambell science center. Mainly I just ride from there to work, downtown and back, with some extra loops thrown in for good measure. Agree w/ above comment about the trails being like ice roads, I am getting into work faster this winter than I do in the summer. I hope to get out of town more anyone ever ride the snowmachine trails out in the Valley, Eureka area or down in Portage?

E. I agree the last couple full moons have been fantastic, some nights I don't leave work until 11 p.m. ish and the trails are amazingly quiet and still, you get the whole place to yourself and the darn moon is casting shadows!! great winter so far

Adam

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

ride buddies

Quote Originally Posted by Adam
    I am Anchored down by the Cambell science center. Mainly I just ride from there to work, downtown and back, with some extra loops thrown in for good measure. Agree w/ above comment about the trails being like ice roads, I am getting into work faster this winter than I do in the summer. I hope to get out of town more anyone ever ride the snowmachine trails out in the Valley, Eureka area or down in Portage?

E. I agree the last couple full moons have been fantastic, some nights I don't leave work until 11 p.m. ish and the trails are amazingly quiet and still, you get the whole place to yourself and the darn moon is casting shadows!! great winter so far

Adam

I'm on Canyon Rd off upper dearmon, and commute to/from my shop here on 68th and Frontage Rd. I pull out about 6pm and head home via Cambell/Hillside area, so if anyone wants to join me all are welcome. Rover's Run is the closest thing to the Iditarod Trail that I find on my ride home, so anyone who's traning for it.....
    See you guys out there, Pat

Jun 2003

Pat! Glad to hear you chiming in!

We have met before, but only in passing. I was in your shop looking at a used DeRosa roadie this past summer. How did the exploration of the Yukon Quest trail go? Is it a viable race, or what?

Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by patirwin
    Rover's Run is the closest thing to the Iditarod Trail that I find on my ride home
    There's a section of The Old Ititarod Trail that goes through stuckagain right by Rover's Run, not sure if that counts or not though..

Hey Pat, Check your Private Messages on the top right of your screen..
    I sent you one the other day, & its marked unread..
    Last edited by SnowMonkey; 02-05-2004 at 09:51 PM.

mtbr member

Howdy AK riders....

I'm riding road and trails in juneau, year-round. almost exclusively singlespeed. been riding fixed gear most of this winter. almost pitched over the bars the first few rides, but i'm learning.

Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowMonkey
    There's a section of The Old Ititarod Trail that goes through stuckagain right by Rover's Run, not sure if that counts or not
    whoops,.. I was wrong. its the "Old Fur Rondy Trail".

mtbr member

... and if we just ... I guess I'd better sound off.......

Quote Originally Posted by damion
    This is all new to me. (being first) Just checking in.Alaskans, sound off! I am in Anchorage.
    I live near Service High and ride all the hillside trails including those on the upper hillside such as "south fork rim trail". I second the...get the Anchorage riders together for a ride comment! It is nice to see everyone come forward and speek up here. I see riders all winter long and it would be nice to meet.
    Dave

Jun 2003

Count me in!

I am in for a Anchorage group ride. 1-907-243-0568 Damion

Members who have read this thread: 0