Hot and dusty on Kodiak Island.- Mtbr.com
    No, that's not phonetic

Cool-blue Rhythm Hot and dusty on Kodiak Island.

Well, as hot and dusty as Kodiak gets in December, anyway.

Anyway, it felt like a fine spring day today. Sunny, in the 40s, warm sea breeze blowing onshore. Just beautiful.

We started up the road leading up our local mountain. Steep and a little icy:

Up on the northern aspects, we came down through the alders where a bit of snow is persisting:

Once inside the forest, it was just like summer. Green moss, dappled sunlight, warm and calm. Buff and narrow singletrack.

My video techniques can be found in this thread.

bi-winning
    wow, what contrast!
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Alaska Turner Mafia

Amazing!

Looks like the only real giveaway that it's not summer is that your arms and legs are covered!

Great photos. Looks like you and Barny had some perfect conditions. Here it's hovering around freezing and super icy. I'll take it though.

I hope conditions hold up for you. I suppose this means the trail building is on hold!

Rando

P.S. How far up that tree did you climb for that shot?
    Deceleration Trauma is my middle name

No, that's not phonetic
    Trailbuilding: I have pretty much finished the current routes I had scouted. There is some new stuff I want to put in, but I have not even really walked through the area yet to see what would be fun or feasible. I have some new sections that are sort of narrow and more techy. Riding them at night is fun.

Tree climbing: just high enough.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Those mossy forest shots made the dial up wait for the pictures worth it, thanks.

Fairbanks had hard, fast conditions and we just got a few much needed inches of snow. Weekend traffic hopefully did it's job and conditions should be great. I ride the area where that pack of wolves has been hanging and hope to see some tracks at least. t

No, that's not phonetic
    Not so hot, and the only dust was the termination kind.

Riding some new trails we just established. Another beautiful sunny day. Riding in the woods kept us out of the rather nippy wind.

Members who have read this thread: 0