Hollow star bolt and nut 101- Mtbr.com
    ThisseatmakemyA$$lookfat?

Hollow star bolt and nut 101

Well, I picked up and installed a hollow star bolt and nut on my P2. If you don't know what this is, it lets you run your front brake cable/hose threw your front fork and out the bottom of the fork, down your fork leg (as normal) back to your brake. It lets you to do bar spins, x-ups easier... I took some pics after I had already started. It's pretty easy to do. You just remove the top cap. Then you need to use a long screw driver and hammer and tap the star nut all the way down and out the bottom of the fork. It's not hard, you just have to take your time. You have to use the new hollow bolt to tap in the new star nut, due to the center being much large than a regular star nut. A installation tool will not work. You have to tap it slowly, and keep it straight going in. Let me tell you. It's wroth taking the time to install one... I mit have to install longer gear and rear brake cables... Here are some pics...

<br>

<br>

<br>
    aka: akfreeridemtber; brian_404
    Just get out and, RIDE!!!
    www.facebook.com/shagwn007

mtbr member
    Good info

This probably seems worthless to most of the peeps on this forum, but there is a surprising amount of kids looking to set up their bike for bar spins.

Have you tried just running the cable extra long prior to going the hollow top cap route?

Any thoughts on what is better?

My friend had problems with the housing snagging as it slid through the top cap when the suspension compressed. I'm not sure how he resolved this.

ThisseatmakemyA$$lookfat?
    myself? i think the hollow bolt works the best. it doesn't effect the suspension in anyway. it's a clean install... I just posted this 'cause they're dj/sk8 park riders that read this form that live here too...
    aka: akfreeridemtber; brian_404
    Just get out and, RIDE!!!
    www.facebook.com/shagwn007

Members who have read this thread: 0