Hillside Trail Conditions- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2006

Hillside Trail Conditions

Anyone been out since our recent snowfall(s)? If so, what did you find? Sunday (10-31) was my last time out and 2+ inches on the STA trails were nicely packed. Just wondering if folks are getting out and riding/packing the new wet snow yet. I plan on checking things out tomorrow and will report back with what I find.
    cheers,
    c

Bikes are good
    Rode up drone and whatever else it is to get to the highest point on the gasline. Took the connector over to Llama, and went down yellow jacket, and then down Queen bee. We were the first tracks down yellow jacket. Anybody up for shuttles on snow days to pack all the STA trails this year?
    "Having lack of self-preservation makes biking more fun."

mtbr member
    black bear, moose meadow, speed way, rovers, all excellent
    litespeed's break

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Good work everyone! Great conditions for being so early in the winter. Ballpark, speedway, moose meadow, rovers and the tank trail was all good. Moose Ridge was pretty bumpy still, but plenty of riders have done their part over there. Blue Dot had seen traffic also and was really fun. Fat tire tracks everywhere!
    c

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I'd be down for a shuttle one of these days.

mtbr member
    Rode some of the hillside trails today...it would be great if everyone could give up one ride down on one of the less traveled trails. Yellow Jacket is getting there. Stinger and Hornet as well would be a lot of fun this winter if we could keep them rideable.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Went on a quick ride tonight to work off the turkey. About 8-10" inches of new snow found at the Elmore trailhead. No fat tire tracks to be seen, but was evident that people had been riding/walking through out the snow event. I rode Ballpark single track to Homestead, then down to Speedway and through to Moose Meadow. I turned around and rode Speedway again on the way back. Only had to walk a few sections. Get out and ride. It's forecasted to snow again on Saturday.
    c

Bikes are good

Moose Ridge

Hadn't been ridden since the snow until today. Not too bad, but needs more tracks if you are wondering where to go tomorrow. All rideable at 5 psi or so. Cool ride. The big loop in there (I have no idea what it's called) is super fast thanks to the xcountry folks.
    "Having lack of self-preservation makes biking more fun."

Members who have read this thread: 0