Hillside Singletrack Project Phase I Approved!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Good job! Hillside Singletrack Project Phase I Approved!

Hey Guys and Gals on this Forum,

Thanks so much for showing up in droves tonight to fill the peanut gallery at the Parks & Rec Commission Meeting. Thanks to your participation and testimony, Phase I of the Hillside Singletrack Project was approved unanimously by the Parks & Rec Commission!

Ground-breaking is scheduled for July 15th. A deep and sincere thanks to you all!

QB

Grillin' & Chillin'
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen Bee

Ground-breaking is scheduled for July 15th. A deep and sincere thanks to you all! :
    Time to sharpen your #2 shovels boys and girls! All hail the Queen Bee. Thanks Janice for the huge effort put forth by you and all the other STA members. I thinks it's about time I joined a got a cool pair of those socks too.

I for one am looking forward to pitching in and wearing out my #2 shovel this summer.
    Grill Meister
    "There were never any good old days
    They are today, they are tomorrow
    "
    - Gogol Bordello

We want... a shrubbery!
    Hmm -- can someone forward me some info on this? I'm pretty interested and was heavily involved in trail construction/maintenance back in VA before I moved up here (I even managed to get an independent study approved my final semester in college about singletrack trail construction & maintenance). So, be sure to post information about trail work sessions, as I'll definitely try to be there if I'm not working.
    waaahoooooooooooooooooo

Calvin : Ahhh, another bowl of Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs! The second bowl is always the best! The pleasure of my first bowl is diminished by the anticipation of future bowls and by the end of my third bowl, I usually feel sick.
    Hobbes : Maybe you shouldn't use chocolate milk.
    Calvin : I tried Cola, but the bubbles went up my nose.

Diaskeuast
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyickyptngzutboing
    Hmm -- can someone forward me some info on this?
    You can catch up on the the background by reading the Singletrack Advocates web site, which will be updated tonight with information on last night's vote by the Parks & Rec Commission.
    Last edited by Big Karma; 04-11-2008 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Edited to ad hyperlink
    Enjoying the meaningful pursuit of meaningless fun.

Diaskeuast
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyickyptngzutboing
    So, be sure to post information about trail work sessions, as I'll definitely try to be there if I'm not working.
    This trail system is being professionally designed for sustainability and durability, and will be professionally constructed with mechanized equipment designed specifically for building skinny trails. Most of the finishing work will be done by trained youth crews.

The most likely need for volunteer work days on the part of local riders will be on trail maintenance over the years. The best way to help, at this point, is to pony up a few bucks to help pay for the project, and to get involved with STA so that you can help in various ways.

If you haven't made a donation, click over to the web site and give a few bucks, either by PayPal donation or mailing in a check. Think of it as an investment. Your money will help build trails you'll ride for many years.

If you donate through our 501(c)3 funding partner, Alaska Trails, your gift is tax-deductible. Please make checks to:

Alaska Trails
    c/o Singletrack Advocates
    PO Box 240574
    Anchorage, AK 99507
    Enjoying the meaningful pursuit of meaningless fun.

mtbr member
    Is there a map of this project somewhere? Would be interesting to see how it all goes. ??
    Save the Trails: http://www.imba.com

Dec 2006
    indeed mtbike I looked for a map and saw only a small map that when zoomed in on got to grainy to know where the track is

mtbr member

Singletrack Trail Info

Can be found at www.singletrackadvocates.blogspot.com or
    http://www.muni.org/Parks/STA.cfm (project maps and descriptions found here)

Come to the open house and learn more! You can give us your ideas and walk the project site with us:

Attend the open house and you will have the opportunity to:
    Learn about singletrack trails and how they are constructed
    Comment on the project
    Walk the project site
    Wednesday May 14th
    6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
    Hilltop Chalet
    Singletrack Advocates is in the process
    of planning and designing the construction
    of Anchorage’s first system
    of soft-surface, narrow trails sustainably-
    built for mountain bikes and foot
    traffic. This summer, 8.5 miles of trail
    construction is planned in this location.
    (the area within the white box
    in the SE area of the park)

mtbr member
    Thanks the PDFs were helpful.
    Save the Trails: http://www.imba.com

Members who have read this thread: 0