Hillside night ride- Mtbr.com
    Wood chips are stupid

Hillside night ride

Hello all,
    Another night ride this Thurs. at Hillside.Lets meet at the Nbiv. trail head at 7:30pm.Don't forget to bring your lights!

Leo

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Hmmmmmmm .....

Do you think a Friday nite ride would be more attractive ????

Quote Originally Posted by akdeluxe
    Hello all,
    Another night ride this Thurs. at Hillside.Lets meet at the Nbiv. trail head at 7:30pm.Don't forget to bring your lights!

Leo

Jun 2003

Friday is better.

I play Pool in Wasilla on Wed. Thursdays are out for me, as I have the kids on Thrusday so that Rebecca can play EverQuest.

Wood chips are stupid

Maybe Fri night.

From what I have learned from clubs in the past ,that do night rides, Fri. nights have many other things happening. Dinners out,company parties,Inlaws flying in to visit,hockey games etc. Attendance wasn't as strong as hoped when Fridays were used. I'm hoping our stuff can grow into a regular group ride and Thurs. nights seemed to work with other groups I have ridden with.But, those outfits were out of state and nothing up here is normal! If many others want a Fri night ride,we can always change. Heck,I would be willing to ride both nights. It's a blast! And,if enough people start showing up,we can justify giving ourselves a name! Chime in people.

Leo
    Last edited by akdeluxe; 11-02-2004 at 11:24 PM.

mtbr member

Bonking ... not feelin' well Can't make it thurs night....

From what I have learned from clubs in the past ,that do night rides, Fri. nights have many other things happening. Dinners out,company parties,Inlaws flying in to visit,hockey games etc. Attendance wasn't as strong as hoped when Fridays were used. I'm hoping our stuff can grow into a regular group ride and Thurs. nights seemed to work with other groups I have ridden with.But, those outfits were out of state and nothing up here is normal! If many others want a Fri night ride,we can always change. Heck,I would be willing to ride both nights. It's a blast! And,if enough people start showing up,we can justify giving ourselves a name! Chime in people.

Leo

Could probably do it Friday night though. Others have mentioned changing nights once in awhile so they could join in.
    Dave
    Last edited by AkDave; 11-03-2004 at 08:31 AM. Reason: wrong day
    Idaho Transplant (closet roadie)

Beware of Doggerel
    Friday is better for me. I like to work late into the night on week nights so 7:30 can come around a little early for me. Weekend nights are always better, but it is good for me to get out on weeknights so I don't care. I'm gonna be there tomorrow, honest I'm really gonna be there this time. But I'll be there friday too.

Adam

ABC Rec Div / STA Trails

ABC has announced it to their members

Leo
    Just an FYI, I got a mailing from Patti annoucing it for Thursday (at least for this week), so if we change it we need to let them know.

Christopher

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

help

I need to know what bike snow plow will be best for me for Fridays ride ? Hydro or manual operated ? I was considering a snauxzilla in a 2.4 but maybe a 2.1 would be better ? I winter ride single track most of the time and the Coastal trail once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam
    Friday is better for me. I like to work late into the night on week nights so 7:30 can come around a little early for me. Weekend nights are always better, but it is good for me to get out on weeknights so I don't care. I'm gonna be there tomorrow, honest I'm really gonna be there this time. But I'll be there friday too.

Adam

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Last Thursday's ride was fun. I could make it on Friday this week.

Beware of Doggerel

lets do both

More riding is always better than less riding, lets do both, Thursday and Friday, man now that I am shooting my mouth off I really better show up this time.

Carlos, you're on your own man. I'm going with 29er 2.2s on snowcats hydro brakes and gears for thursday. Hydros should work fine. As for riding I think riding in these conditions is really a question of semantics you need to have an expansive and inclusive definition of "riding". As long as ones personal definition of riding includes pushing, stopping , walking and falling one will always have a successful ride, deep snow be darned. After doing a lot of commuting last year on the tour trail, I found that as long as the snow is fluffy it was fine for riding even when it was deep, the problem was when the snow got wet, heavy and soft, the cold is our friend. I ran 2.1 29ers on the snowcats all last year and they had a good balance of cut and float this year Im trying the 2.2s out and maybe bigger if they ever exist.

Adam

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

ride

I rode from Bird Creek to Gird and returned to Bird Creek kind of nasty but fun !

More riding is always better than less riding, lets do both, Thursday and Friday, man now that I am shooting my mouth off I really better show up this time.

Carlos, you're on your own man. I'm going with 29er 2.2s on snowcats hydro brakes and gears for thursday. Hydros should work fine. As for riding I think riding in these conditions is really a question of semantics you need to have an expansive and inclusive definition of "riding". As long as one�s personal definition of riding includes pushing, stopping , walking and falling one will always have a successful ride, deep snow be darned. After doing a lot of commuting last year on the tour trail, I found that as long as the snow is fluffy it was fine for riding even when it was deep, the problem was when the snow got wet, heavy and soft, the cold is our friend. I ran 2.1 29ers on the snowcats all last year and they had a good balance of cut and float this year I�m trying the 2.2s out and maybe bigger if they ever exist.

Adam

mtbr member

... and if we just ... Friday, Friday, Friday, FRIDAY.....

Carlos, you're on your own man. I'm going with 29er 2.2s on snowcats hydro brakes and gears for thursday. Hydros should work fine. As for riding I think riding in these conditions is really a question of semantics you need to have an expansive and inclusive definition of "riding". As long as ones personal definition of riding includes pushing, stopping , walking and falling one will always have a successful ride, deep snow be darned. After doing a lot of commuting last year on the tour trail, I found that as long as the snow is fluffy it was fine for riding even when it was deep, the problem was when the snow got wet, heavy and soft, the cold is our friend. I ran 2.1 29ers on the snowcats all last year and they had a good balance of cut and float this year Im trying the 2.2s out and maybe bigger if they ever exist.

Adam
    Can we ride Friday night?
    Dave
    Idaho Transplant (closet roadie)

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Friday

Lets do it Dave !
    I'll meet you at the N. Bivwack parking lot at 7:30 !

Quote Originally Posted by AkDave
    Can we ride Friday night?
    Dave

mtbr member
    Wow. I am really confused! So many choices, so little time. Leo, let me know if you DON'T ride on Thursday night so I don't show up and freeze in the parking lot. If it keeps snowing, they'll never find my body.