Hey Trials & FR people- Mtbr.com
    Caveman

Hey Trials & FR people

I've gotten into making movies this past year and one idea is to make one on all the more unique biking there is to do up here.

I was out playing around on the mud flats off of the coastal trail last night, there is still a good surface of ice out there with Chunks to play around on.

I want to get video of people riding around out there and hopping up onto and wheelie dropping off of the old ice chunks. Or doing any sort of "stuff that needs skills" out on the ice. Its melting and dirty now and studs are not needed
    Any takers?
    Was thinking around 8:00pm at the lagoon.
    Let me know if there is any interest
    Thanks,

let's ride...
    Dec 2006
    hmmm... maybe next season. For the past two+ weeks, everytime I haul at a chunk of snow/ice, I just break through, compress the forks, and eat s**t. If you want to make some sort of "..Arctic Ride ... " type flick, I'd be down to hurt myself for the glory of being featured on You-Tube doing things that most of the world finds ridiculous.. i.e., UAA Bike Club tall bike racing on the frozen Goose Lake, bmx riding frozen quarters and hips, etc..
    .. um, the point being, I just don't think the current conditions are going to meet your expectations--hopefully, I'm wrong. If not, or otherwise, I would be more than happy to try some dumb moves next winter....

zach.

Caveman
    yep its melting but I was out there last night and things were still solid enough,
    yep I'm late,
    yep next year...

let's ride...
    Dec 2006
    yep, i was wrong.. just plain, firkin' wrong

...i was just riding my 20" around UAA. Out by the Arts building, they have a large snow dump, and it is frozen solid. However, there was a large, CAT loader removing the mass, 5 yards at time.. seems like a pretty serious waste of hydrocarbons...

.. the point being, with a little shovel work, some excellent obstacles--berms, hips, quarters, etc--could be carved out. I haven't been down by the lagoon recently, so perhaps it is a more "scenic" backdrop.. but, I would imagine that any of the snow dumps would be viable options...

..oh, and if you dig/carve out some obstacles, would you post what and where on this thread...? I'd volunteer to provide some rider carnage tonight, but I'm hoping to be back in river city by 7.30...

P.S. Critical Mass this afternoon. Meet at UAA, in front of the Lucy Cuddy Center at 4.30
    We ride at five...

Members who have read this thread: 0