Help needed on a Fat bike build....- Mtbr.com
    2006 sswc RockStar
    Dec 2006

Help needed on a Fat bike build....

My Friend is going to be doing the Arrowhead next year, and is starting to build his bike...

I am off work sick for the next 2 weeks, and have been charged with trying to "modify" his current steed.

He is sponsored by a company in the UK and currently races a highly upgraded version of this

http://www.genesisbikes.co.uk/series/io

The First thing obviously is to fit a fat front end, either a whole front end (Forks,wheel etc) or if an endomorph on a LM or similar rim will fit in a PRO carbon fork, use that.....

The main problem is the rear tire, i reckon we can use a 2.5-2.7 ( maybe even 3.0) tire on a fat rim, but what tire would you recommend to match up to the Endomorph's semi-slick desighn, or would you get a slightly more aggressive tire? l he is sponsored by continental, so would prefer to use one of there's, but not essential.

any help and advice would be greatly appreciated!

Trev

2006 sswc RockStar
    Dec 2006
    can anyone offer some help or advice, will converting a standard frame be better because of the lighter weight, or will having a 3.7 endomorph in the back make that much difference in a race like the arrowhead of having, say a 2.7 on a fatter rim?

Ologist
    The bigger the better if you wanting to float on snow. Even folks with endomorphs on 80mm struggle in certain conditions and there is a big contnignet that won't go less than 100mm rims with endos.

The endos have surprisingly good grip on snow and even ice. I would go with a bigger tire as oppposed to a more aggressive tire.

Members who have read this thread: 0