Hello Anchorage from Colorado Springs- Mtbr.com
    HowtoOverthrowtheSystem
    Jan 2004

Hello Anchorage from Colorado Springs

What's up? I miss you guys and AK! Everyone still hanging out here? rio, mesotony, pat, jamie & amber, greg, maura, tim woody, etc...

How the LBSs doing? Wildfire & Speedway still going good? The trails dried out yet? It's been a wet spring in Colorado Springs. If anyone gets down, comes through this way look me up and we can have beers.

Dave

RME
    mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Dave,

I just drove from Denver to Anchorage. I will be here for two months. Where should I ride? Any great mountain bike trails? Any groups I could head out with?

Thanks
    Hutch

HowtoOverthrowtheSystem
    Jan 2004
    Tons of trails...not sure of conditions at the moment being in Colorado. PM rio. Actually I see he's reading this thread right now hopefully he'll pipe up.

or PM Tim Woody (big karma) or Tony Allen (mesotony) or stop by and talk to Greg at Speedway Cycles.

Tell um daveIT sent ya and if they don't show you a good time I'll ride up there and give them a beatdown!

RME
    mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Dave,

Thanks for the info about the shop. I will be sure to stop in and talk with Greg. Any tire recommendation up here?

I work for Warriors Cycling and we put on the Rocky Mountain Endurance Series. Have you had a chance to check out our races? Next one is in Castle Rock, then Breckenridge 100, and ending with a race out at the Peaceful Valley Scout Ranch. Take a look at warriorscycling.com.

Hutch

HowtoOverthrowtheSystem
    Jan 2004
    I'll check it out. Haven't been riding a whole lot since I messed my back up last summer. It's getting better though and I've been riding spin bike a lot, so I'm hoping I can ease back in soon. I'll try to PM some folks and get them to hook up with you.

Fatback
    Hey Dave-nice to hear from you! Spring's been pretty good to us. Getting ready for the 24hr race in a few weeks out at Kepler Bradley. What's been happening with you?
    Speedway Cycles owner http://fatbackbikes.com

HowtoOverthrowtheSystem
    Jan 2004
    Not much, had some back issues the end of last summer that ended my riding until this spring. I was able to do the spin bike, but any climbing was out of the question.

I did a 10K time trial today for the base sports day. I put up a fight on the Surly Long Haul Trucker with MTB gearing against the roadies on Orebeas and Pinarellos, but it was tough! Haha!

Sure miss Alaska, but Colorado ain't too bad...

mtbr member

Hi Dave!!

I wondered where you went. Sorry to hear about your back. I hope you have a full recovery. The riding here is fabulous! We’ve had a stretch of my favorite kind of weather...dry, so no slippery roots or nasty mud to clean off the bike or me. Are you planning a visit back to AK any time soon?

It's 9:30 PM and the sun won't set for another couple of hours. Blue sky and white, fluffy clouds out my window. Awesome!

All the best!

Members who have read this thread: 0