The Gulo Gulo 7/16 & 7/17 Ride & Party- Mtbr.com
    rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! The Gulo Gulo 7/16 & 7/17 Ride & Party

The Gulo Gulo 7/16 &7/117
    This update will provide details for the so sick rides.
    Friday 7/16
    The ride will start at the Primrose Campground and follow the Lost Lake Trail to the subdivision parking lot. This ride will be approximately 15 miles long with 3,200 feet of accent. Depending on your skill and fitness level it can be completed in around 3 hours …. or so.
    The shuttle can occur before or after the ride.The car shuttle can be taken care of by the riders or it can be arranged with the help of Chuck and other riders.

I will be available prior to the start at Primrose to watch over bikes while the vehicle shuttle takes place. I plan to be at Primrose around 6 PM to do some ride recon. I will have a riders meeting at 7:45 with the ride departure at 8 PM.
    Here are the directions to Chucks home and where he has a back yard for us to camp at for the weekend!
    Take the Seward Highway south and make a right onto Herman Lear Rd.(aka Exit Glacier Rd). This turn is at about mile 3.5 of the Seward highway or just before Spenard Builder Supply. Make the secondleftonto Raven Lane this turn is about 100yards from the highway. His house is the second one on the left and is brown. The address is 11550 Raven Lane.
    Saturday 7/17This ride is planned to start at 10 AM (perhaps 11AM will be more civil?)
    This 36.5 mile ride, with about 5,400 feet of climbing, will start from Chucks place and proceed to the Lost Lake Trailhead; this will be a neutral roll out. The official timed start will be at the parking lot. The ride will be the reverse of the Friday evening ride! However, there will be 2 sections added. The riders will take right turn at the very bottom of the decent; this trail is the Long Lake Trail. This trail will drop you into the 12.5 mile parking lot located next to the Seward Highway! I will be available to take your supplies to this check point. The second new section will have the rider carefully cross the highway and proceed north in the bike lane and take the first right turn after the railroad tunnel, down the dirt road and onto the trail and ride south and I’ll meet riders at Chucks house at record your name and time.
    Saturday Night BBQ Potluck!
    Please bring food and beverages to share with others!! There will be a BBQ for us to use. I’ll provide a rack of ribs.
    Please bring your own plates at eating tools
    Last edited by rio; 07-14-2010 at 06:50 AM.

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    On this Wednesday, Chuck rode the Lost Lake route and said the trail has a few stretches of snow and they are not long at all! So the trail should be so ready to for some awesome riding !

Members who have read this thread: 0