Greg M. first to cross!- Mtbr.com
    rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Greg M. first to cross!

Congrats to Greg for a fine effort on the W.M. 100 !

No, that's not phonetic
    Congrats on the... the..., the what...?

is buachail foighneach me
    The winning of the White Mountains 100 in Faribanks in record time! Not bad for an old cripple...

Followed by Kevin Brietenbach(likely on skinny tires), then Jeff.

The three of them were over 10mph till the last 9 or so miles, which appears to be all uphill. They're updating the race notes at the bottom of the results page faster than they update the results themselves: http://whitemountains100.org/

No, that's not phonetic
    Cool, thanks for the clarification. Sweet effort, Greg!

Bill M

Way to go Greg

Congratulations Greg on a super performance!!!!!!!!!!. Way to go Jeff in your 5th podium finish in winter ultras this year 2 wins, 2nds and a 3rd!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Go Greg Go!

Congrats on a great ride. Maybe you're the good-trail good luck charm. 2 fast trails in a row...

Pat

Now the websites is giving some conflicting info. Says they got into the unnoficial checkpoint 9 miles from the finish at the times listed. Their math works out for that as well(avg speed/distance). One or the other is a typo. is the race over?

Nevermind, they fixed it. Heather Best, Jeff's wife, takes 4th overall followed by some absurd skier who did the 100 miles in 11:09!!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Super fun race..

This years race was amazing - super fast trails, warm temperatures, fantastic scenery, wonderfully organized.. Hats off to Ed Plumb, Ann Farris and the rest of the crew for putting this together.

Think hard and fast trails like this years Susitna 100, but in teeshirt weather.

Fat!Drunk!Slow!
    Awesome job Greg and Jeff!!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    While Greg, Jeff, and Heather all kicked butt, Kevin Brietenbach's performance was pretty amazing - he did it on 29er snowcats, and while the trail was pretty hard/firm for the most part, there were still a considerable amount of soft stuff - way to go!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sean salach
    Nevermind, they fixed it. Heather Best, Jeff's wife, takes 4th overall followed by some absurd skier who did the 100 miles in 11:09!!!
    The skier is Rob Whitney. We saw him a couple of weeks ago on our ride into Knik Glacier. He was classic skiing on some huge skis with metal edges and the trail was hard and fast and we could barely pass him. Props to him and everybody else out there.

Fatback
    Thanks all of you who followed the race. As for a single day race, I think it's the best. The climbing (7k+) and scenery can't be beat. We lucked out with the weather-maybe 13 at the start, with a high of 30's mid day.
    Kevin was really impressive. He led from the start to the 60mi mark. I figured he would try to take every advantage of the hills early on, as he's extremely light. There's no way Jeff or I could have gotten away with 29er's. We were still leaving deeper tracks than he was.
    As always, the entire Fairbanks crew made the trip a pleasure. It was a great way to wrap up the season.
    Speedway Cycles owner http://fatbackbikes.com

Members who have read this thread: 0