the golden shorts. an idea for rio- Mtbr.com

Dec 2007

the golden shorts. an idea for rio

the tour de france has the golden fleece- yellow jersey. maybe the fidgid bits should have the golden shorts.

monday @ 8.17 am on tudor rd going west on ice and appearing to be having way to much fun in rush hour traffic i saw a bright yellow pair of shorts on a rider. i think we all know who this was. i never saw his face, but i know the bike and the other gear he was wearing to know that i was our own almost world famous grillmiester!! it seems he likes to wear his prize 'round town.

so maybe we should have an event each year in defense of the "golden shorts" the winner would keep the shorts for the rest of the year, properly care for them,and be required to wear them at all f/b events until he/she has to keep from losing their shorts the following year.

this is just an idea, feel free to tweek it or better it, get out your keyboards ladies and gents, let's see what you come up w/...

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Good job! Done that

We are ready have that from an earlier Frigid Bits Ice Crit, Maillot Lingerie winner is the one and only Grill Meister !

Quote Originally Posted by georgejetson
    the tour de france has the golden fleece- yellow jersey. maybe the fidgid bits should have the golden shorts.

monday @ 8.17 am on tudor rd going west on ice and appearing to be having way to much fun in rush hour traffic i saw a bright yellow pair of shorts on a rider. i think we all know who this was. i never saw his face, but i know the bike and the other gear he was wearing to know that i was our own almost world famous grillmiester!! it seems he likes to wear his prize 'round town.

so maybe we should have an event each year in defense of the "golden shorts" the winner would keep the shorts for the rest of the year, properly care for them,and be required to wear them at all f/b events until he/she has to keep from losing their shorts the following year.

this is just an idea, feel free to tweek it or better it, get out your keyboards ladies and gents, let's see what you come up w/...

Dec 2007

back to you rio.

i guess i miscommuniciated this. i was aware that grillmeister won the shorts in an earilier event this year. since i saw him still wearing them on a morning commute i thought of the idea of a "yearly contest" maybe we could even take up a collection of funds and buy a gift cert from a local bike shop and give it to the winner along w/ the shorts. we all break, want or need new shinny bike parts once in a while. just a thought.

thx for making the winter more bearable rio!!

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Frigid Bits: Fun

Is not about swag, its about fun and friendship and the socialization that occurs during and after the ride. However, if you would like to develop your own money/ gift certificate and race course have at it ! The Frigid Bits Maillot Lingerie will be given to next years Goose Lake Maillot Lingerie 2 Person Relay !

Quote Originally Posted by georgejetson
    i guess i miscommuniciated this. i was aware that grillmeister won the shorts in an earilier event this year. since i saw him still wearing them on a morning commute i thought of the idea of a "yearly contest" maybe we could even take up a collection of funds and buy a gift cert from a local bike shop and give it to the winner along w/ the shorts. we all break, want or need new shinny bike parts once in a while. just a thought.

thx for making the winter more bearable rio!!

Grillin' & Chillin'

Sponge Bob Rides again

I confess. I've been riding around town with SpongeBob SquarePants as a protective codpiece. Actually, I've been wearing them only because the seat of my tights are worn out after about 20,000 miles saddle time. Quite a testament to the Pearl Izumi tights. SpongeBob will only last a few hundred miles then he will be toast never to be seen again at the end of this winter.

Oh! Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
    SpongeBob SquarePants!
    Absorbent and yellow and porous is he!
    SpongeBob SquarePants!
    Grill Meister
    "There were never any good old days
    They are today, they are tomorrow
    "
    - Gogol Bordello

Dec 2007

apology

sorry rio. i did not mean to step on any toes!!! i just had an idea and thought i would throw it out there. i did not know this was an on going contest already,i am still a newby to your events.

thank you for taking the time to do the f/b events!! even when i can't make it to them (life has gotten in the way lately! i just about know the floor plan of providence hospital by heart!! even the new cancer center - no, not for me.) i can always come here and read about them!!!

i'm way overdue to attend another one!!!

geo.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by speedsk8_ak
    I confess. I've been riding around town with SpongeBob SquarePants as a protective codpiece. Actually, I've been wearing them only because the seat of my tights are worn out after about 20,000 miles saddle time. Quite a testament to the Pearl Izumi tights. SpongeBob will only last a few hundred miles then he will be toast never to be seen again at the end of this winter.

Oh! Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
    SpongeBob SquarePants!
    Absorbent and yellow and porous is he!
    SpongeBob SquarePants!
    Hey when you have worn out the shorts I have a pair of SpongeBob PJ bottoms you can have to replace them. lol

Diaskeuast
    Quote Originally Posted by speedsk8_ak
    Actually, I've been wearing them only because the seat of my tights are worn out after about 20,000 miles saddle time.
    This from a man who's pedaling a brand-new, titanium Fatback!

Ya know, Tim, they do still sell padded tights. They weren't discontinued in the '90s, or anything. Sometimes they're even on sale. Replacement is an option.
    Enjoying the meaningful pursuit of meaningless fun.

Members who have read this thread: 0