Frrigid Bits Ice Crit Championship- Mtbr.com
    rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Frrigid Bits Ice Crit Championship

Frigid Bits Saturday Night!
    Saturday March 12th will be the last winter Frigid Bits function until next year. I have had many questions about the next ice crit, well now you know. As far as I know, this is the only bicycle ice crit in Alaska so letís make this the Alaska Ice Crit Championship! Cool Huh !
    This will be a multi lap ride, helmets will be required as well as lights, and the casual riders will start at 9 PM, the fast riders will start at 9:30 PM. The fast riders will do twice the number of laps of the wrecreational riders and the mellow velo riders will do 50 % less than the fast riders.
    Sign up for all groups will be from 8:15 until 8:45 and the riders meeting will happen somewhere around 8:50. The first flock will depart at 9 PM. The Fast and Casual riders will each have trophies in the form of the form of the best canned PBR! How can you not race for the awesome PBR goodness! There will be a grill present and the West Chester Burn barrel will be used as long as there is wood! The almost most famous burn barrel known to mankind, The Fabulous Frigid Bits Burn Barrel is on sabbatical recovering from a multi gender Frigid Bits altering experience.
    So please show up and ride or just be a Frigid Bits Groupie slurp some brew (responsibly), brings some food to grill and share with others and BS the night away !
    Please use this thread for questions. Oh, as usual this is a Jolly Rodger ride.

mtbr member
    I'm in.. is there an "international class" ? I have an Antipodean excited to try his skills....
    "I get a buzz from being cold and wet ~ the pleasure seems to balance out the pain" - Blue, Red and Grey The Who By Numbers

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I am assuming this event is at the lagoon then?

How long is a lap?

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    For some it will be to long, for others to short, for some they don't give a $hitz and just mobb !!!!!!!
    Sort answer, I'll know Friday afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by forrestvt

How long is a lap?

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Frigidity Ice Crit update !

There will be a swag for worthy or unworthy riders and Frigidity Groupies, Thank you Leonard !!!!
    Please bring food and beverages to share !

Lap length is .26 mile or 1/4 mile. The course is a paper clip shaped course which mean it is so much different that previous courses in that there will be 2 very long tangents and 4 corners ! The ice was being hot mopped at 9:30 AM today so it will probably be a very fast ride at 9: PM ! The wrecreational riders will ride for 20 minutes plus 1 lap, the go fast riders will start at 9:30 PM and they will ride for 45 minutes plus 1 lap !
    I would suggest for those who are new at this come a little early to figure out how to master the Grill Meister method of completeing a high velocity turn on ice.
    Please bring your number plate from the last Frigidity ride - also this is a helmet required ride and so is working light!
    Also I'll be seeking out volunteers to count laps !rio

Private messageE-mail rio Top

Quote Originally Posted by forrestvt

How long is a lap?

Members who have read this thread: 0