Frosty Bottom course- Mtbr.com
    Diaskeuast

Frosty Bottom course

The course map on Chain Reaction's website is somewhat vague. The portions along the Coastal Trail and Chester Creek Trail are obvious, and the Tour of Anchorage Trail between Tudor and Service High seem clear. But I'm a little confused about what happens between Tudor and Chester Creek.

Can anyone post details of that portion?

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Map details...

My sorry map does not have a lot of detail to it. Maybe next year I'll put together a swanky Google map with marked trails. Here is a rough course description describing the section around APU:

After passing over the bridge from the Chester Creek trails, turn left (don't go towards Goose Lake). After a short distance (400 ft.), take a right that leads you into the marshy area around APU. At the first trail intersection, take a left under the power lines and follow this trail to the eastern edge of the campus. At this point the trail heads right (South) and runs along the back of a residential area. When you get close to University Lake, you will cross a small bridge and follow a smaller trail to the bike path leading over the Tudor bridge.

Sound confusing? Don't worry, the trail will be well marked before the race. If you get lost and require a rescue via helicopter within the Anchorage Bowl, the helicopter will be considered outside assistance and you will be disqualified. And you will be heckled...

As I mentioned, we anticipate people doing the race who are unfamiliar with the trails. This section is the trickiest and will be well marked.

Diaskeuast
    Thanks, Bill. And I'm not worried about the helo rescue. They're always good for a fun ride, and as long as my entry fee covers the bill ...
    Last edited by Big Karma; 12-27-2007 at 05:41 PM.

Members who have read this thread: 0