The Frigid Bits Woolloomooloo- Mtbr.com
    rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Good job! The Frigid Bits Woolloomooloo

Well, its time to break out the Fridgid Bits fun rides !
    This edition will feature rides that will occur each month and on the 2nd and last Saturdays and will start at 7 PM. Yes, these are night rides, with the majority of the rides starting at the Goose Lake parking lot. The October rides will occur on on the 13th and 27th, The October 13th ride will start at the Goose Lake parking lot at 7 PM. The 27th ride will be at the parking lot just outside of the Hilltop Ski area.

The Woolloomooloo is a 2 person team relay and; of course; its ride at your own pace gig. The first rider will ride a road or mt. bike to West Chester Lagoon and back to Goose Lake then the other team member will ride to the Hill Top ski chalet using the Tour of Anchorage - Moose Meadows and the utility corridor / multi-purpose trail, touch the chalet and ride the same trails back to Goose Lake. The short course will have the riders ride to the 1st Minnesota overpass and back to Goose Lake and for the dirt portion of the short option; the riders will ride to the Science Center via the Tour of Anchorage route and back to Goose.

Oh, some of you know I always throw in some sort of
    " fun element " into the mix and this ride is no different, each team must bring a
    tennis ball !
    Bring some adult beverages of your choice to share after the ride.

The tail gate will occur as it did last year featuring the nearly world famous and soon to be mt. bike shine, the incredible FBBB otherwise known as the Frigid Bits Burn Barrel; however, due the warm temps of October we will have the first Frigid Bits Tailgater on the last Saturday in November !
    Please use this thread if you have any questions.
    Last edited by rio; 10-01-2007 at 06:43 PM.

We want... a shrubbery!
    Woohoo(loomooloo)! Looking forward to some Frigid Bits events after reading about them this past winter!

Now, with the summer contract work done, it's time to at least get one bike in working condition by the 13th...
    waaahoooooooooooooooooo

Calvin : Ahhh, another bowl of Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs! The second bowl is always the best! The pleasure of my first bowl is diminished by the anticipation of future bowls and by the end of my third bowl, I usually feel sick.
    Hobbes : Maybe you shouldn't use chocolate milk.
    Calvin : I tried Cola, but the bubbles went up my nose.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Need a partner to do road portion

Anybody need a partner? I'd like to do the Hilltop portion of the race...

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Relay partner : Woolloomooloo Style

This is not a problem J, we will just use another team's Coastal Trail time and add it to your time or whatever leg you don't do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules16
    Anybody need a partner? I'd like to do the Hilltop portion of the race...

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    I'll be there looking to do the skinny tire portion. Thanks Manny for reminding me.
    --
    Curt Harris
    Anchorage, AK
    [email protected]

mtbr member
    I'm there

Members who have read this thread: 0