Frigid Bits Ice Crit- Mtbr.com
    rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Good job! Frigid Bits Ice Crit

Frigid Bits: Sprawl, The Ice Crit

Attention all stud $lutzs!
    The Goose Ice Crit is here for you to do your annual gut check !
    I must say this first cut that I completed this afternoon has to be the best one to date !!
    The route first cut is on the ice and is narrow 18 inches narrow ! I have to widen it over the next two days. It can be ridden now, however please keep in mind that it is indeed narrow and to ride this narrow venomous(sp) black snake of a route without studs would be foolhardy and perhaps stoopid(sp) at best !

This popular ice biking experience will be presented on November 28th at Goose Lake at 2 PM. Sign up will be at 1:30 so please bring your numbers from the last ride. The day time editions drew groups of spectators and supporters, so lets hope that this holds true for this year. Also, last year many CX bikes were raced so lets see who will throw down and rule the ice this year !! The last course that I engraved on the ice was a speed course with swoopy long radius turns. This edition will be a combination of the multi-turn tight radius turns with some high speed long radius turns incorporated into the longer swoopy long tangents.

I would like to thank Steve, Maura, Broken Toe Joe, Grill Meister, Manny and DJ for their help clearing the course and timing the rides from previous years.

Its time for a new group of volunteers to step up !!!

I'm seeking new volunteers to come forward and help with clearing the course, as in the last 3 years, I will set the course with my snowblower and with the help of volunteers clear the tangents and turns of snow. I will also need your help to keep the course clear of snow all the days up to race day.

I will also need some volunteers to photograph the riders while exceeding their traction limits! I would also like to have more people around to help with scoreing

Please use this thread to volunteer.
    Thank you in advance !!

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Good job! Frigid Bits Update

Wow !
    Thanks! Here is the latest Sprawl news: I went out to the lake this afternoon (11/26) to see if I could find the course that became covered with snow- well, Mesotony found it earleir and he was able to blow off the first very good track. So, if you want to shed some calories this evening, ride/ or haul your stud ride to Goose and get a taste of what you will ride on Saturday afternoon. The course as it is now,about 20 inches wide and it's slick and fast. Please remember by Friday afternoon (11/27) it will be 5 feet wide and suitable for sustanied maximal efforts.
    Please control your speed while riding out there and slowly ramp up your velocity in the turns if this riding is new to you; I don't want the turns all blown out before race day !
    So here is a huge Thank You to Mesotony for stepping up a filling a need !
    Sempher Phi !

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Sprawl Update :11/27/09, 1400 hrs
    First A very large thank you to Tim and Maura who showed up with shovels to help out in near white out conditions !! The Sprawl course is complete, it is as long and as wide as it will ever be. I expect that as of now around 1400 hours there is about 1/2 inch of snow on the course. I will be out there on Saturday morning at 10 AM to remove what ever snow is on the course. I would really suggest riders to visit and ride this monster mile before attempting to ride it at speed, if not, this bad mamba will smack you up and make you see rainbows and cause you to wish you were playing leap frog with unicorns!

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Sprawl: Update 11/27

Sprawl Update :11/27/09, 1400 hrs
    First A very large thank you to Tim and Maura who showed up with shovels to help out in near white out conditions !! The Sprawl course is complete, it is as long and as wide as it will ever be. I expect that as of now around 1400 hours there is about 1/2 inch of snow on the course. I will be out there on Saturday morning at 10 AM to remove what ever snow is on the course. I would really suggest riders to visit and ride this monster mile before attempting to ride it at speed, if not, this bad mamba will smack you up and make you see rainbows and cause you to wish you were playing leap frog with unicorns!

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Good job! Frigid Bits Sprawl- 11/28/09

Riders meeting: 1:50
    Launch: 2 PM
    I would stongly suggest to get there early enough to practice and figure out the tire psi that works for your riding style of lack of.
    I 'll be there around 10 AM to buff up the course.

Grillin' & Chillin'
    Good job Carlos! I saw Maura's pics on Flickr tonight. It looked like a fun course wish I could have been there.
    Grill Meister
    "There were never any good old days
    They are today, they are tomorrow
    "
    - Gogol Bordello

Members who have read this thread: 0