Frigid Bits Finale- Mtbr.com
    Diaskeuast

Frigid Bits Finale

Thanks, Rio, for organizing another fun winter's worth of rides/races. For me, Saturday night's ride was a good example of why the Frigid Bits events matter:

I had other plans and wasn't expecting to ride, but I was also in funk from a lack of exercise so I delayed my other plans for a few hours and did a bike, then drank a beer beside the barrel. I felt much better afterward. I'm not sure if it was the exercise, or simply a matter of watching Manny drink a forty with his homies. Either way, it was a good time.

And thanks to the Grillmeister for hauling Gillzilla to so many events and making sure we had hot chow. I'm already looking forward to next year.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Enjoying the meaningful pursuit of meaningless fun.

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

G'day Reverend Karma

Thanks to you and to the rest of the Frigid Bit Riders that show up, ride and share the Chillin, Grillin and Grinin Sauce ---- all good, all good Sanux bros & sisters !

I would also like to express a special thank you to our cuzins from the valley who shared the warmth of the Internationally Unknown Frigid Bits Burn Barrel last night and to Grill Meister and to Maura for the helping me design and clear the course of snow at Goose Lake. The Reverend Karma also deserves a huge thank you for being the leader of the flock of social riders. Stay tuned for the Alaska Endurance Series that will have social ride opportunities !

mtbr member
    yo - Is that manny's 40 from the Frosty Bottom awards!? cool to see him sharing it with his nearly identically dressed homey... ( what are you going to wear to Fridgid Bits? I don't know what are going to wear...) and sheesh, I always miss the events that actually have girls show up to them.

Looking forward to the Alaska Endurance Series - BigKarma going to lead a social ride on Soggy Bottom?
    "I get a buzz from being cold and wet ~ the pleasure seems to balance out the pain" - Blue, Red and Grey The Who By Numbers

Grillin' & Chillin'

Spring Time in Far North Bicentennial Park

What a great way to end the day, hangin out in the 40 degree temps and sharing the good times with a cool bunch of cycling friends. I still can't believe I'm having this much fun in the winter. If were lucky we may be able to sneak one more ride in before the snow is totally gone.
    Grill Meister
    "There were never any good old days
    They are today, they are tomorrow
    "
    - Gogol Bordello

Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesotony
    yo - Is that manny's 40 from the Frosty Bottom awards!? cool to see him sharing it with his nearly identically dressed homey...
    Heck yeah it is!

I thought it would only be fitting to save it for the last Frigid Bits event of the season. My way of bringing together my first full season of winter riding and many lessons learned. I must also add that you Valley folk are awesome thank you for coming down and adding to my experience. And thanks for the Session

Thanks again Carlos, Greg and the one and only Grill Meister Kelly. We will miss you next year my friend.

Diaskeuast
    Quote Originally Posted by aka bubba
    We will miss you next year my friend.
    What the ...? Did I miss something?
    Enjoying the meaningful pursuit of meaningless fun.

Mar 2007

Bits

Sorry I missed the event. We were out of town this weekend. Broken Toe.

Members who have read this thread: 0