Frigid Bits: Double Dare, 1/26/08- Mtbr.com
    rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Frigid Bits: Double Dare, 1/26/08

This ride will be a double ride, with 2 riders per team and each team will ride the Ice crit and the trail portion. The crit will be a 20 lapper and no rider may ride more than 2 consecutive laps, and each team will be responsible for keeping tack of their laps. There will will be a common relay exchange zone, each team will have to furnish their own baton and that baton will be a set of boxer shorts that will be used for each exchange. The rider that has the boxer shorts must ride with them on and at the exchange his or her team mate may assist in taking them off.
    Remember these are fun rides !

The XC portion will be the Loogie Loop ridden in reverse. I will have maps available at the event for those not familiar with the LL course. This portion of the Double Dare will also be timed, however, the time that will be recorded will be the time of the slowest team member !

No here is some important good stuff : the first portion of the Double Dare will be part of the Muni's Buckets of Fun Winter Festival ! They sort of promised press coverage.

The second part, of the Double Dare will be at night and be the normal outrages Frigid Bits Tail Gate Grill, Swill and Chill fest !

Additional important good stuff of the Double Dare !

Date : January 26th
    Where: Goose Lake

Ak Ice Cutters Crit:
    Warm-up / Practice : 12:45 - 1:15 PM
    Riders Meeting: 1:20 or so
    Ride: 1:30
    Distance : 20 laps / 10 laps per rider

Loop A Loogie :

Where: Goose Lake
    Times:
    Riders Meeting : 6:50 PM
    Ride : 7 PM
    Teams don't have to ride together, however, the time of the slowest team rider will be the recorded time.

Helmets are required for all Fridgid Bits Events, however clothing is optional.

The evening portion is the Tailgate ride, which means awesome post ride activities, Grill Meister and the famous Grillzilla and its infamous distant cuz the one and only Frigid Bits Burn Barrel will be there ! So, for the nocturnal post ride activities be prepared to sling some food ( bring some for yourself and to share with others) on the grill and swill some great beer ( bring some ) and swap even greater stories !

Please use this thread for questions

mtbr member

...double "dawg" dare?

well, it is a double dog dare...see ya there - but I'm not putting my tounge on anything at a Rio event that hasn't been blessed by the grillmaster
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I get a buzz from being cold and wet ~ the pleasure seems to balance out the pain" - Blue, Red and Grey The Who By Numbers

Dec 2007
    what about changing trail conditions like this past wkend. the ride went from a skinny tire affair to fatties only, some of us only have skinnies.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by georgejetson
    what about changing trail conditions like this past wkend. the ride went from a skinny tire affair to fatties only, some of us only have skinnies.

Then you're SOL buddy.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Fatties will tow you

Read the rules, Jetson. You will be- The Slowest Team Member.

Dec 2007
    1st,

thx pretty pete for your encouragement!!

2nd,
    REDCOAT- i wasn't thinking of (or dreaming of or fantasizing about) being the fastest, but in case i do, i will go back and read your post and that should bring me back to reality.

thx for the free therapy guys.

rio, is there going to be a social ride for the guys who are the slowest??

Jul 2006
    Never Mind...................... I just had a Brain Fart!

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Fatties will tow you

Just my lame attempt to be funny, Jetson - believe me, I'll be right with you and the others in the "social riders" club!

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

you can

be the social ride ------ if someone would like to be the social ride leader I don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by georgejetson
    1st,

thx pretty pete for your encouragement!!

2nd,
    REDCOAT- i wasn't thinking of (or dreaming of or fantasizing about) being the fastest, but in case i do, i will go back and read your post and that should bring me back to reality.

thx for the free therapy guys.

rio, is there going to be a social ride for the guys who are the slowest??

Members who have read this thread: 0