Frigid Bits: Bikin, Grillin and Chillin Soire'e Finale- Mtbr.com
    rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Frigid Bits: Bikin, Grillin and Chillin Soire'e Finale

Its that time of the month again !
    Its Tailgate Saturday oohhhhh yeah p-a-r-t-y !
    The ride will start at the the North Bivwack parking lot at 7 PM March 8th with sign up occurring between 6:30 - 6:50 or so.
    The route will be Tank Trail to Moose Ridge, ride the Moose Ridge Trail, turn right cross the Swamp of Doom turn left ride through the luv tunnel cross the bridge turn left ride Rovers to South Bivwack and to N. Biv.

If the snaux is wanker soft and not fun to ride, well, we will Tailgate anyway !!!!! So, if you choose not to ride, come on over anyway !
    So Please bring a smile, some of your fave grillin groceries to share, along with some of that golden chilled swillin sauce !
    This will be the last tailgate of the season and the last chance to see the Fabulous World Class and perhaps have its own Bollywood Star the one and only " Frigid Bits Burn Barrel !
    Also, its famous cuz, the awesome Grillzilla will also be there getting hot !

Oh, please bring some firewood to sacrifice to the Frigid Burn Barrel !!!!!
    If your lucky, I might tell you about the Alaska Endurance Series !
    Later

Grillin' & Chillin'

Have Grill Will Travel

Be there or be square. Rain, shine, dark slushiness or whatever may happen to be brought upon us, I will have Grillzilla primed and ready to go.

Thirsty --> I have a pile of fire wood that would sufficient to stoke a couple FBBB's, so don't worry about wood. You'll only have to worry about wood after you head home and crawl into bed.

See you all there!
    Grill Meister
    "There were never any good old days
    They are today, they are tomorrow
    "
    - Gogol Bordello

Fatback
    Quote Originally Posted by speedsk8_ak
    Be there or be square. Rain, shine, dark slushiness or whatever may happen to be brought upon us, I will have Grillzilla primed and ready to go.

Thirsty --> I have a pile of fire wood that would sufficient to stoke a couple FBBB's, so don't worry about wood. You'll only have to worry about wood after you head home and crawl into bed.

See you all there!

Let's leave my wood out of the conversation, otherwise someone with sour grapes will acuse me of advertising.
    Speedway Cycles owner http://fatbackbikes.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Just got back from trying to do a pre-ride of the Soire'e Finale.

The trails are VERY soft (mush) and I was not able to ride anything except the tank trail with my WTB 2.55 Wolf tires. There hasn't been any ski or foot traffic on the trails, except for the tank trail. Maybe lighter weight guys on fatter tires could do better.

I saw some Endo tracks that looked a day or so old, but they turned around and went back to the parking lot after only going about a mile or so down the tank trail.

In the swamp area I saw brown water filling in the low spots and my tracks as I pushed out of there.

On the way back to the parking lot I noticed someone else on Endo tires had headed out after me and gone a different route. Perhaps that person had better luck.

It was about 42 & sunny while I was out there. Unless it suddenly cools down, I suspect there will not be anymore Far North riding going on. There was a good sized creek of water flowing down Stuckagain Road and hugh water puddles.

See you all at the tailgate party.
    --
    Curt Harris
    Anchorage, AK
    [email protected]

Dec 2007
    can someone throw up a map, thristy do you have one @ the shop? i'll be watching tonight for replies. thx geo. i had one but can't put my hands on it now.

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Frgid Bits : Rider On a Chain 3/08/08

I just threw up .......... If the course can be ridden the route will be flagged Saturday afternoon. There will be a tailgate regardless ! Sounds like a Fat tire, Fat beer night.

Quote Originally Posted by georgejetson
    can someone throw up a map, thristy do you have one @ the shop? i'll be watching tonight for replies. thx geo. i had one but can't put my hands on it now.

Fatback
    I just got off the phone with a friend who rode for a couple of hours over there earlier today on Endo's and said it's surprisingly good. The burn barrel will be there. Maybe a social ride, maybe not, but you'd better get it one way or another.
    Speedway Cycles owner http://fatbackbikes.com

Dec 2007
    alright,funny. could someone please post a map to the parking lot or give directions. i haven't attended any f/b events there, don't know my way.

thx,geo.

you got me rio. i guess i need to choose my words more carefully, oh well.
    Last edited by georgejetson; 03-07-2008 at 11:20 PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Tudor Road, right on Campbell Airstrip Road for about 2-3 miles. Trailheads on either side, start is at trailhead on left.

Grillin' & Chillin'

Frigid Bits Burn Barrel Madness.

Quote Originally Posted by thirstywork
    Let's leave my wood out of the conversation, otherwise someone with sour grapes will acuse me of advertising.
    Thirstywork --> as long as there aren't any accusations of false advertising, you should be okay. All joking aside, I'm glad you'll be able to bring the FBBB. And I really do have a truckload of birch, from a tree I chopped down last fall.

George Jetson --> If you'd like a preview of the course meet me at the trailhead at noon tomorrow. I'll be riding my Fatback. I think it will be ridable with a fat tire bike. I can't remember if you have a fat bike or not. If not it would be a good test for posting a report to the skinny tire folks. After riding and flagging the course, I'll pass the baton back to Rio so that he can post my comments relative to the rideability. Regardless of conditions, the partyability of the North Biv Whack Trailhead will always be in prime condition.
    Grill Meister
    "There were never any good old days
    They are today, they are tomorrow
    "
    - Gogol Bordello

Dec 2007
    skimonkee, thx for the directions.
    speedsk8 ak, thx for the invite! i only have skinny tires, and right now one puking daughter.sorry i did not meet you @ trail. might be there tonight, but questionable w/ sick child.

Members who have read this thread: 0