Frigid Bits is baaack !- Mtbr.com
    rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Good job! Frigid Bits is baaack !

The first ride of the season will be Saturday October 29th, at 8 PM !
    I'll have the details posted soon. Hint: get to know the awesome loo, aka,the toilet bowl.
    Yes it will be a night ride with a social ride included!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Wish I could be there...

Rio,

I wish I could be there to ride with you folks. I miss riding with everyone...

Please forgive me for poaching this Thread but my question is: Do you have anything planned for next June 23-24 and the week leading up to it? It's the week of Solstice and the weekend following. The Homer Cycling Club is planning a huge FatBike beach festival on the now world famous Kenai Peninsula beach and hope everyone from Anchorage can join us. We also hope to get a big crowd from Outside to come experience awesome beach riding in the midnight sun (daylight), but we don't want to walk on other cycling events that may already be scheduled. I think we're in the clear but just want to make sure.

Again sorry for barging into your Thread with my questions but I do hope you guys have a fun ride. Please let us who can't be there know how it goes.

Cheers from the end of the road,

Pat

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Vas and I will be there. We're looking forward to another Frigid Bits season. Any details yet regarding the course? I predict there will be snow on the ground by then.
    c

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Does this mean no hallow-Weener ride this year?

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Hollow Weaner vs Ride Loo

Well crap, I forgot about the infamous Hollow Weaner get together! What was I thinking!
    The STA ride will be postponed. In its place, will be the grass roots any thing goes Hollow Weaner Scavenger Hunt Costume Ride! This is like the 4th year !

The theme for this years costume ride will Fairy Tales as they would be in ThirstyWork's mind ! Each rider will be given a list of things to be scavenged with a camera. The team with the quickest time will get some sort of award scavenged from some dumpsters located at some classy joints. Meet at 8PM at West Chester Lagoon. I'm not sure about the Universally Known and often thought about for the Nobel Peace thingmagingy, the next mt bike Legend for Alaska, the Frigid Bits Burn Barrel will make an appearance or not.
    I would encourage teams, bike locks, helmets, and working lights!
    Last edited by rio; 10-08-2011 at 04:18 PM.