The Frigid Bits 6 hour- Mtbr.com
    rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Good job! The Frigid Bits 6 hour

The Heart of Darkness, also known as the Six Hour Boner will take place on Saturday, February 5th at midnight and last until 6 AM Sunday! This will be a riders gut check against the tedium meter and how prepared they are with their winter gear !
    Details:
    Date: February 5, 2011
    Start area : Covey Cafe at West Chester Lagoon
    Riders meeting: 11:45
    Ride Format:
    This is a ride at your own pace ride/walk to test your cold weather gear preparedness, and test your tedium tolerance ! This ride will be held regardless of the temperature. Should there a huge dump of snow and the course is not groomed, be prepared to practice your Su 100 bike push to Goose Lake and back for 1 lap!
    The first lap is to ride from the start to the Kincaid Chalet via the Tony Knowles Coastal trail. The turnaround will be at the very front of the Chalet that faces the parking lot, then ride back to the start via the Coastal Trail and get your time recorded at my white van. This will be the tie breaker lap. The remaining laps will be from the start to the interior parking lot at Goose Lake ( the same area where the recently deceased Frigid Bits Burn Barrel activities occurred) and back. This will count as one lap, make sure to have your lap and time recorded, if I'm sleeping wake my a$$ up ! My clock will be the official timer and each rider at the end of each lap, will be responsible to tell me if they are going to resign or continue.
    Anyone that bails before the 6 hour will be DQ'd but your laps time will be noted on the wall of shame!
    Here is the timing scheme: its rather basic and not complicated; if you arrive at the timing station at
    5h: 59m:59sec you will be required to take another lap or get DQ'd. If you do go back out and another ride chooses to poosey out you will have more laps than him. Should you see that you will be back before the 6th hour, hang out or ride slower so that you arrive at the time check after the 6 hour time limit. If there happens to be a tie with the number of laps, the tie breaker lap time will be employed.
    Please use this thread for questions, I may or may not have answers.
    Last edited by rio; 01-30-2011 at 09:40 PM.

It's All About We!
    Dec 2005
    Innovative format, Rio! Cool!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Six Hour Boner
    After 4 hours, it's called priapism and you need to seek immediate medical help!

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Frigid 6 Hour Reminder

The 11:15 PM - 11:45 PM sign up will be enforced, in other words, no frikken sign ups after 11:45 PM ! Bribes and other non-cash offers will be considered, evaluated but rejected.
    So please have your bits together and show up on time.

Quote Originally Posted by rio
    The Heart of Darkness, also known as the Six Hour Boner will take place on Saturday, February 5th at midnight and last until 6 AM Sunday! This will be a riders gut check against the tedium meter and how prepared they are with their winter gear !
    Details:
    Date: February 5, 2011
    Start area : Covey Cafe at West Chester Lagoon
    Riders meeting: 11:45
    Ride Format:
    This is a ride at your own pace ride/walk to test your cold weather gear preparedness, and test your tedium tolerance ! This ride will be held regardless of the temperature. Should there a huge dump of snow and the course is not groomed, be prepared to practice your Su 100 bike push to Goose Lake and back for 1 lap!
    The first lap is to ride from the start to the Kincaid Chalet via the Tony Knowles Coastal trail. The turnaround will be at the very front of the Chalet that faces the parking lot, then ride back to the start via the Coastal Trail and get your time recorded at my white van. This will be the tie breaker lap. The remaining laps will be from the start to the interior parking lot at Goose Lake ( the same area where the recently deceased Frigid Bits Burn Barrel activities occurred) and back. This will count as one lap, make sure to have your lap and time recorded, if I'm sleeping wake my a$$ up ! My clock will be the official timer and each rider at the end of each lap, will be responsible to tell me if they are going to resign or continue.
    Anyone that bails before the 6 hour will be DQ'd but your laps time will be noted on the wall of shame!
    Here is the timing scheme: its rather basic and not complicated; if you arrive at the timing station at
    5h: 59m:59sec you will be required to take another lap or get DQ'd. If you do go back out and another ride chooses to poosey out you will have more laps than him. Should you see that you will be back before the 6th hour, hang out or ride slower so that you arrive at the time check after the 6 hour time limit. If there happens to be a tie with the number of laps, the tie breaker lap time will be employed.
    Please use this thread for questions, I may or may not have answers.
    Last edited by rio; 02-04-2011 at 11:48 PM.

Members who have read this thread: 0