FNBP Riding- Mtbr.com

Thread: FNBP Riding

Jun 2006

FNBP Riding

It's great on the dog sled trails! Very hard packed and smooth, regular tires don't even leave a mark. Watch for dog sleds, of course. Also for Jack Frost. He jumped out from behind a tree last night and nipped my nose when I wasn't paying attention.

Wood chips are stupid

Woof

Not a good idea to ride on the dog sled trails. The teams are moving very fast and can not stop real fast. There are a lot of other cool trails to ride on in the area. Jack Frost is out in full forcre.

akdeluxe
    "Trust me,you don't want a big baby."

JT

I Love my Rize
    Naw that's not Jack That's just Al Gore's Global warming settling in on ya's all.
    Early to bed early to RIZE makes a man healthy, wealthy <(scratch that) and wize.

RIGHTY on a LEFTY

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Dog trails by night

I understand some folks have been known to only ride on the dog trails between 8pm and 6am to avoid conflicts. Prime time daylight poaching is probably not the best idea, but neither is avoiding these 20 miles of prime trails.

mtbr member
    if your gonna do it liston,watch and react...its there trails you can hear them comin sometimes, and its our right to respect them and get over , i mean all the way off the trail, yes they are fun and very fast...but watch out , they can and will sneak up on you!!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Ride Counterclockwise, against musher traffic

You're right that these trails belong to the mushers and are off limits for other users, hence why some people who ride them do it only during off hours. I forgot to mention these folks also only ride counterclockwise, against musher traffic so they can see them coming towards you. Dogs are surprisingly silent and you will never hear them coming up from behind until the musher is yelling at you to get out of the way.

seedub

ruff

Thanks for the heads-up and tips on poaching. I was not aware that other users weren't welome on those trails. BTW, the bipedal users post-holed them during the warm spell, and they were pretty "ruff" last night.
    you may have come before us on no bicycle, but that does not say you know everything.

Members who have read this thread: 0